The University of Manchester is offering a scholarship for selected master’s courses to Ugandan applicants for the year 2020/2021.
Application deadline: 31st August 2019, 5 pm GMT.
Eligible countries: Ugandan
The country scholarship is taken: UK
Level/field of study:
The scholarship is designed for talented applicants, particularly from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must;
– Have a minimum of two years relevant post-graduation work experience, but not including voluntary work or unpaid internships
– Hold a first or upper second class undergraduate degree or its equivalent
– Be a Ugandan citizen and must not have previously studied outside Africa
– Be committed to returning home after studies to make positive impact on the future of his/her home country
– Have a clear understanding of how studying in Manchester will benefit their career and the community at large
– Demonstrate competency in English Language
Number of awardees
Value of Scholarship:
This grant for school will cover full tuition fees, living expenses, and return international airfares
Duration of scholarship
This would be the duration of the candidate’s chosen course
Applications must be submitted online via SmartSurvey. The closing date for submission for September 2020 entry is 31st August, 2019. Applications are not to be sent via email.
The following are what will be needed to apply;
– Degree certificates and transcript, which shows the subjects are taken and grades obtained
– Evidence of proficiency in the English Language
– Two up-to-date signed references. The references must be on letter headed paper and should be addressed to Equity and Merit Scholarships at the University of Manchester.