The COM scholarship was created to support academically talented and financially disadvantaged students to pursue their medical studies at COM. The scholarship is funded by various organizations and individuals who are committed to supporting medical education in Malawi.
It is important to note that the COM scholarship is highly competitive and only a limited number of scholarships are available each year. Interested students are encouraged to apply early, meet the eligibility requirements, and perform well in the selection process to increase their chances of being awarded the scholarship.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be Malawian citizens or permanent residents of Malawi.
- Applicants must have completed secondary school education and achieved a minimum of six credits in the Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have scored at least a grade of C in Biology, Chemistry, and either Physics or Mathematics in the MSCE or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have passed the COM selection examination and interview.
What Are The Admission Requirements:
- Completed application form with required supporting documents, including academic transcripts, two passport photos, and a copy of the applicant’s national ID card.
- Successful completion of the COM selection examination and interview.
How to Apply for This Scholarship
To apply for the University of Malawi College of Medicine (COM) scholarship, interested students must first apply for admission into the undergraduate medical program at COM. The scholarship is awarded to eligible students based on their performance in the COM selection examination and interview. Here are the steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Obtain the application form for the undergraduate medical program at COM from the COM website or the admissions office.
- Complete the application form with accurate information and attach all the required supporting documents, including academic transcripts, two passport photos, and a copy of your national ID card.
- Submit the completed application form and supporting documents to the COM admissions office before the application deadline.
- Attend the COM selection examination and interview, which are typically held in August each year.
- After the selection process, successful applicants will be notified of their admission status and whether they have been awarded the COM scholarship.
It is best to contact the COM admissions office directly for more information on the scholarship and the application process.
The Total Scholarship Reward:
The COM scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, a monthly stipend, and a book allowance for the duration of the undergraduate medical program.
It is important to note that the COM Scholarship is highly competitive and only a limited number of scholarships are available each year. Interested students should visit the COM website or contact the College for more information on how to apply and the specific requirements for the scholarship.
What Does a Student Visa Mean and How to Acquire One
A student visa is a document issued by a foreign government that allows a person to enter and study in that country. It is a type of visa that is specifically designed for students who want to study abroad.
Acquiring a student visa involves several steps, which may vary depending on the country where you plan to study. Here are some general steps to acquire a student visa:
- Apply to a university: The first step is to apply and be accepted to a university in the country where you want to study. You will need to provide your academic transcripts, proof of language proficiency, and other required documents.
- Check visa requirements: Once you have been accepted, check the visa requirements for the country where you plan to study. This may include providing proof of financial support, medical insurance, and a return ticket.
- Submit your visa application: Fill out the visa application form and submit it along with the required documents to the embassy or consulate of the country where you plan to study. You may also be required to pay a fee.
- Attend an interview: Depending on the country, you may be required to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate. During the interview, you will be asked about your reasons for studying abroad, your finances, and other relevant information.
- Wait for processing: After you have submitted your application and attended an interview (if required), you will need to wait for the visa to be processed. This may take several weeks or months, so it is important to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates.
- Receive your visa: If your visa application is approved, you will receive your student visa, which will allow you to enter and study in the country.
It’s important to note that the requirements and procedures for acquiring a student visa can vary widely depending on the country where you plan to study. You should always check with the embassy or consulate of the country where you plan to study for the most up-to-date information and requirements.
As far as the application deadline and submission, with this being a government scholarship it is available year round to apply.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded for the full duration of the chosen program, up to four years. It is renewable under financial circumstances for students. This is an annual scholarship that students can apply for each year.
For a few international scholarships check out Full and Partial Coverage – Soros Foundation Scholarships – Ukraine 2024 or Excellent Scholarships At Tallinn University in Estonia 2023.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.