College of Liège (Belgium), Faculty of Social Sciences (FaSS), Center for Ethnic and Migration Studies (CEDEM) offers Two Ph.D. Scholarships and One Postdoctoral Scholarship on Migrants’ Social Protection Strategies beginning in September 2018. The empty positions concern the doctoral and postdoctoral level as a component of the Migration, Transnationalism, and Social Protection in (post-)emergency Europe venture (MiTSoPro). This project is subsidized by an ERC beginning stipend granted to Jean-Michel Lafleur.
IMISCOE is the biggest European system of researchers in the territory of movement and combination. The attention is on relative research and distributions, in the IMISCOE book arrangement and also in the diary CMS. The University will offer the following:
- Resources to direct hands-on work and take an interest in conferences and summer schools
- Chances to prepare and grow new aptitudes
- Appealing scholarship
- Plausibility to instruct in English inside the Master in Immigration Studies
- An empowering and universal research condition found a prepare ride far from Brussels, Paris, London, Cologne, and Maastricht.
All international students can apply to this program, must complete all the necessary documents needed by the university
Vacancy 1: Two Ph.D. Scholarships on Migrants’ Social Protection Strategies:
- MA in Social Sciences, such as Sociology, Social Policy, Anthropology, Political Science
- Experience leading ethnographic hands-on work (e.g., MA thesis)
- Specialty in social strategy, as well as relocation, is a benefit
- Dialect abilities: English in addition to (no less than) one of the accompanying: Arabic, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian or Spanish
- Capacity and enthusiasm to work in a group
Vacancy 2: One Postdoctoral Scholarship on Migrants’ Social Protection Strategies:
- Ph.D. in the Social Sciences such as Sociology, Social Policy, Anthropology, Political Science
- Experience conducting ethnographic fieldwork
- A research in social policy and/or migration is a benefit
- A doctoral degree obtained within the last eight years
- Must have an article being published in international peer-reviewed journals
- Must have a good skill in English language and other languages such as Arabic, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian or Spanish
The deadline for application is until; June 4, 2018.