The African Legal Impact was created as a way of encouraging the enrollment of African students seeking advanced legal education. Due to the limitation of funds, the African Legal Impact Scholarship is only able to provide grants for two outstanding applicants each year.
15th December, 2019
University of California, Berkeley
Field of study:
This grant for school is offered on the basis of the following;
– Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
– Academic merit
– A statement of intent describing what scholarship recipient intends to accomplish in Africa after they graduate from the LL.M. professional track
– A completed application to the LL.M. professional track program which must be received on or before December 15th
– Only students who have been admitted to the LL.M. professional track program can apply for this grant for school. Scholarship application instructions will only be made available to eligible admitted students.
– In order to maintain scholarship eligibility during their second semester, recipients will be expected to maintain a minimum of pass in all classes during their first semester
Number of awards:
Value of award:
The scholarship is a full tuition waiver, therefore recipients will only be responsible for paying $1,000 seat deposit, including living and travel expenses
Duration of the program:
A complete application to the LL.M. professional track program which must be received on or before December 15th.
To find out more about this scholarship, visit the official scholarship webpage