The Department of Political Science at the University of Wooster is offering three full-time positions in American politics at the assistant professor or professor level, beginning in the fall of 2023. They are looking for professionals with extensive training in American politics. It is open to many areas of research and scholarship, such as American political organizations, politics, identity and politics, race and ethnicity, voting rights, publishing rights, freedom, and civil rights. The department has nine full-time professors in comparative law, international relations, constitutional law, and American civil rights.
Approximately 50 majors annually were typically graduated many of whom go on to graduate school or careers in law, public policy, research, public service, political campaign, and social justice.
The scholarship aims to provide assistance to both local and international students who will be undertaking their undergraduate degrees in political science for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The Political Science at the College of Wooster
Along with a general education in politics, students focus on one of four areas of thought: American politics, political theory, social international, or cultural comparison. The major also offers plenty of opportunities to study on campus, including internships depending on the student’s qualifications or interests. The program brings Wooster students to Washington DC. Or to other cities in the United States, and other countries in Africa, Latin America, Europe, or Asia. All College of Wooster students follows an independent study program under the guidance of a faculty member.
- Comparative Politics gives students a broader view of their own society by using their experiences in the context of how other societies have attempted to address issues of political stability, economic developments, governance, and justice.
- International relations refers to conflicts and patterns of cooperation between states, countries, international organizations, and non-governmental organizations such as human rights groups, terrorist groups, and international corporations.
- Examines the interactions between politicians, social movements, political parties, and government institutions in the US.
Scholarship Provider: The College of Wooster
About the Provider
The College of Wooster is America’s top graduate school and Ohio’s most international school. Located just 45 minutes from Cleveland, Wooster offers an excellent liberal arts education in a fun environment, leading to the creation of new experiences for all students through rigorous and in-depth research or creative expression. Working with faculty mentors to discover, develop, and complete critical projects on topics of their choice, each Wooster graduate demonstrates initiative, collaboration, confidence, independent judgment, effective problem solving, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Students discover and pursue interests for themselves at Wooster, and through paid work, social studies, and other experiences, they can connect learning in the classroom, learning for the real world, and building relationships with teachers, coaches, and staff. Founded in 1866, the College of Wooster is a private university located in Wooster, Ohio. It has about 2,000 students and is a member of Five Ohio Colleges, the Association of Great Lakes Colleges, and the Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities. We provide the best education and quality education to students around the world.
The College of Wooster is one of the communities that was independent and works together that aims to prepare the students to be leaders of character and have an impact on the global community. Engaging the motivated students who are passionate about education and professional development. Wooster graduates are independent thinkers, creative with a unique ability to ask important questions, learn about complex issues, solve problems and communicate new ideas and perspectives.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Number of Awards: 9
- Duration: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Field: Political Science
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated their ability to contribute to teaching and advanced courses in American politics in their specialty, supervise postgraduate research as part of the school’s independent study, and teach during their first year of ‘university. seminar.
- Some candidates will also teach courses in policy research design and methods. The department is committed to ensuring that education in politics is open and inclusive and that all students achieve academic success. To achieve this goal, we are looking for candidates who are competent and committed to academic excellence, the diversity of our study program, and cultural diversity.
- Preference is also given to candidates offering research and studies related to one or both of the university’s general academic programs on justice or power, rights, racial peoples, and nations. or with majors such as African Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, and Urban Studies. Those with an interest or expertise in the arts are also preferred.
- We prefer candidates who will complete their Ph.D. and have a previous experience in teaching.
The application can be made through an online portal provided by the college. The applicants must make sure to follow all instructions at the portal and submit all the necessary documents needed to support their applications.
All incomplete applications will be automatically rejected and will not be evaluated.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of teaching experience
- Transcript of records
- Three letters of recommendation
- research Statements
- Statements that indicated track records of equity and how they may be able to contribute to the College of Wooster.
All submitted applications will be reviewed and evaluated thoroughly by the scholarship committee, and the successful students will be notified of the outcome of their applications.
The University of Wooster will be providing a full tuition fee to successful students for the academic year 2022-203. It is important that the successful students must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 1, 2022. All incomplete and late application will not be considered.