For the International students who are into sports and wants to further their education in online education to pursue a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert), the University of London in partnership with the World Academy of Sports (WAOS) proudly offers the International Sports Management for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The International Sports Management is recognized worldwide, industry-focused and academically sound qualifications that can be accessed by local and international students in an online mode of study, the program can be taken in 1-5 years and for the individual modules, it will be 6 months to two years od program study.
The course is designed for middle/senior leaders of sports organizations who wish to broaden their background and experience in international athletics. It is also suitable for young leaders who want to progress faster in the organization and gain connections and experience through a variety of activities.
Scholarships are available for physical education instructors and sports leaders at IB World School. This course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the global integration of the global sports industry that can be applied to sports education, from the basics to practical application in learning to play sports.
The PGCert International Sports Management Overview
The International Sports Management PGCert aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of modern sports management strategies and to develop the skills needed to manage sports industry organizations and activities. After completing this program, the students will be able to participate in and implement a variety of management systems, including strategic planning, marketing, finance, and event and venue management. Design and conduct sports research on business and management issues using the selection and application of key industry data, research data, and necessary processes.
It incorporates key international perspectives and expertise, as evidenced by knowledge and expertise on issues including the relationship between sport and industry, community, and the individual round.
Scholarship Provider: University of London
About the Provider
The University of London is a public academic institution located in London, England. The University of London is one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in the UK and is recognized worldwide as a place of excellence.
The University of London is founded on a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility, and a belief in its ability to create new pathways to learning. A support network of their staff and graduates to help you improve your education, enhance your education and career, and take care of your health.
World Academy of Sports Scholarship
In partnership with the University of London, the World Academy of Sports will launch its pioneer Global Sports Pathways in Education to offer more flexibility and unique ways of learning journey from secondary school to professional industry careers. The educational journey with the help of the scholarship will help every student to pursue their education with an exciting journey to build more knowledge and skills and enhance their sports career.
- Academic year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: Postgraduate Degree
- Field: Sports Management, Sports Marketing, and any other courses in related to sports.
- Duration: to up to 5 years
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee
- Mode of Study: Online
How the Program can be taken?
This program is available online and does not require you to come to the UK as part of your course. The university’s online exchange services allow you to work in your spare time and gain international recognition, quality education, and business acumen accredited by sports bodies.
Registration gives you access to the student portal. You will then have access to your University College London email account and other important services, including
- The Student Handbook provides information for all students and important information about their relationship with the University of London until graduation.
- Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) provide online learning support, student cafes and hangouts, and access to historical test materials and other resources.
- The online library (which opens in a new window) provides access to over 100 million online learning resources, including e-books, e-journals, and online discussions. Additionally, students can access the library’s lending library in conjunction with the British Library.
- The Senate Library provides free access to all rural students and is flexible.
- Curriculum All major resources, activities, videos, interviews, and support are available on VLE. This allows you to narrow your searches to your work schedule. No need to buy additional manuals.
Student support We are committed to providing students with unique learning experiences for each of our students, whether they learn on their own from a career path they study or at an accredited training center. You can access support from:
- The student Advice Center – Provides support and questions for students.
- TalkCampus – A support system for friends that provides a safe and confidential way to talk about your thoughts, day or night.
The flexible program allows students to complete PGCert for at least one year and for more than five years. Individual modules can be completed in a minimum of six months and a maximum of two years.
What is the qualification for the scholarship?
- Must be holding an undergraduate degree and must have a good academic record equivalent to the UK grading system.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Must have at least work experience related to sports management roles.
- IELTS score of 6.5
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 92
- PTE score of at least 59
- DUOLINGO score of at least 120
Alternatively, you can meet the requirements if you have at least 18 months of English teaching or experience. The university accepts a variety of identifying information, including test results. If there is no evidence, but they believe the process can be completed, the university can determine your issue.
Online Computer Requirements
The university establishes a minimum computer requirement because it is important that you have access and have access to your courses through the student portal. This program requires access to a computer connected to the Internet. You also need Adobe Flash Player to view video files and a media player such as VLC. You can record audio and save data in digital format. You must have Microsoft PowerPoint or a similar slide show that can be saved in PDF format.
Interested applicants must apply through an online portal provided by the WAoS official website. Students must complete the application form and provide their personal information and the University of London application for the International Sports Management Postgraduate.
Scholarship Award and Deadline
The University of London in collaboration with the World Academy of Sports will provide an award to successful students in fully online tuition fees.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until August 18, 2022.