Honoring the late Matilda Mwaba, the University of London offers the Matilda Mwaba Scholarship for African Women Students in International Sports Management for a postgraduate degree in distance learning. The University will be covering the full tuition fee of the successful four students who will be awarded the scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. Aside from receiving tuition fee coverage, the successful students will also be receiving a mentorship for the special subject area.
Ms. Matilda Mwaba is the Founder and CEO of the Zambia National Organization for Women in Physical Activity and Sports (NOWSPAR). She was also Africa’s representative on the global chair of the International Women in Sport Working Group (IWG). Her work has focused on developing the right to participate in sport, sport for development, organizational development and integrity of sport, participation of women and girls in sports, and advocating for girls’ empowerment and women in sports management.
Scholarship Provider: University of London
About the Provider
The University of London was ranked #16 on Best World Universities, a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. It aims to support the academic profession in its pursuit of excellence in education, research, and knowledge exchange. Passion drives the University of London to believe in diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and the ability to create new ways of knowing. They strive to change people’s lives through education, providing new education and graduates for a new world of research and work.
The University of London is one of the National Leaders in Humanities and they are promoting values to the economy and its society by providing knowledge, exchange, and creation. Founded on the goals of inclusion, diversity, and collaboration, the University of London is a pioneering institution dedicated to providing access to education, championing research excellence, and contributing to community benefits. Based on the sense of community and the feeling that knowledge and energy can change people’s lives, what makes them unique is their ability to impart the power to learn, and share the connection between opposites.
The University is one of the leading providers of distance and blended learning, as one of the main goals is to provide more education in international access so that every local and international student can access their higher education and provide more access to develop skills, knowledge, and advancement of the student’s career.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: African Countries
- Specific Applicant’s Gender: Female Students
- Degree Level: Postgraduate Degree
- Field: International Sports Management
- Number of Awards: 4
- Duration: One short course
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee and Mentorship
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Study Mode: Online Distance Learning
To be able to consider for the scholarship and proceed with the application, applicants must meet the following:
- Must be a Citizen of the African Countries.
- A woman who is in sports-related field areas.
- Must be aged 35 and below by the application.
- Must be able to provide relevant references.
- Must be able to provide proof of citizenship.
Students must submit good results in the English tests below.
- IELTS: 6.5 overall or better, written test 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: 92 or more in total, 22 or more in reading and writing, 20 or more in speaking and listening
- Pearson test (academic): 59+ in reading and writing, 54+ in speaking and listening, 59+ in general
- Cambridge English Proficiency Certificate
- Cambridge Advanced English Certificate (Class C or above)
- Duolingo: Must have a total score of at least 120 points.
Added Criteria for the Application
- Applicants must hold a full bachelor’s degree (i.e. bachelor’s degree) which is considered at least equivalent to a UK level 2 honors degree.
- Two years of work with an accredited school, at least five years of work experience in an athletic role, or other qualifications such as professional awards or personal achievements.
To start with the application, the students must be able to download the application form provided by the university, after downloading the application form, the students must complete the application by providing their personal information such as names, contact info, and other related information needed for the application.
The application form must be submitted completely detailing the application for the short course or Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management. The scholarship application will not be considered without the details of the application.
As part of the application process, the students must be able to submit the following to be able to support the application:
- Proof of Citizenship
- Bachelors degree certificates
- Official transcript of Records
- Motivation Letter
- Applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2022, as module applications may take a few days to process and applications must be received before scholarship applications are processed. Scholarship applications received after August 10 will not be considered.
- Please keep in mind that all application forms must be complete to be able to be considered, late and incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- The Matilda Mwaba Scholarship offered by the University of London will be only available in a distance learning mode.
- Applicants will not be considered for the scholarship until they receive an offer for the course.
- The University of London Matilda Mwaba Scholarship may be awarded in conjunction with other scholarships and grants, but cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London scholarships or bursaries.
- The scholarship will only be valid for a maximum period of time for the short courses offered by the university,
- The University of London reserves the right to terminate the scholarship, if the candidate failed to meet the scholarship terms and conditions, keep in mind that it is important to read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The Matilda Mwaba Scholarship will be providing a tuition fee award for four successful women in African countries who will be admitted to a distance learning in International Sports Management by the University of London, plus mentorship benefits from the University