Here’s a general overview of the Hanken School of Economics scholarships:
- Hanken Premium Scholarship: This scholarship is designed to attract top international students to Hanken’s English-taught master’s programs. It covers the full tuition fee for two years of study and includes a monthly stipend for living expenses. The number of scholarships available and the selection criteria may vary each year.
- Hanken Scholarship for Academic Excellence: This scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and potential. The scholarship covers a portion of the tuition fee for two years and is awarded based on the applicant’s academic performance and application materials.
- Hanken Scholarship for Diversity: This scholarship aims to promote diversity and inclusion by supporting students from diverse backgrounds. It covers a portion of the tuition fee for two years and is awarded based on the applicant’s background and potential to contribute to the university community.
- Other Scholarships: In addition to the above scholarships, Hanken School of Economics may offer other smaller scholarships or financial aid options for international students. These scholarships could be need-based or merit-based.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for the Hanken School of Economics Scholarships:
- Admission to a Master’s Program: To be eligible for any scholarship at Hanken School of Economics, you usually need to apply and be admitted to one of their eligible master’s programs. Scholarships are typically available for English-taught master’s programs in economics and business.
- Outstanding Academic Performance: Hanken scholarships are often awarded to students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance during their previous studies. This might be indicated through your GPA or equivalent academic achievements.
- Application Essays or Statement of Purpose: Many scholarships require you to submit a well-written personal statement or essay that explains your motivation for applying to the program, your future goals, and how the scholarship would help you achieve them. This is your opportunity to showcase your passion, skills, and dedication.
- Letters of Recommendation: Some scholarships may require you to submit letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or other individuals who can vouch for your academic abilities, character, and potential.
- Language Proficiency: Since the programs are taught in English, you might need to provide proof of English language proficiency through tests like TOEFL or IELTS, unless you’re exempt based on certain criteria.
- Diversity and Inclusion Criteria: For scholarships aimed at promoting diversity and inclusion, the eligibility might be based on factors such as your background, nationality, gender, etc. The aim is to create a diverse student community.
- Extracurricular Activities and Leadership: Some scholarships might take into account your involvement in extracurricular activities, leadership roles, and contributions to your community or field.
- Application Deadline: Make sure to submit your scholarship application by the specified deadline. Late applications might not be considered.
- Other Specific Requirements: Depending on the scholarship, there might be additional requirements or criteria. Always carefully read the scholarship descriptions and application guidelines.
Please note that scholarship eligibility criteria can vary from year to year and might change based on the scholarship type and the university’s policies. For the most accurate and up-to-date information about Hanken School of Economics scholarships, I strongly recommend visiting their official website or contacting their admissions office directly.
What is the total award for the Hanken School of Economics Scholarships:
Check out the list below for a few examples of the total award options available.
- Hanken Premium Scholarship: This scholarship typically covered the full tuition fee for the duration of the master’s program (two years) and included a monthly stipend for living expenses. It was one of the most comprehensive scholarships offered by Hanken School of Economics.
- Hanken Scholarship for Academic Excellence: This scholarship usually covered a portion of the tuition fees for the master’s program. The exact amount could vary based on the student’s academic achievements and the available funds.
- Hanken Scholarship for Diversity: The award amount for this scholarship could also vary. It aimed to cover a part of the tuition fees and promote diversity by supporting students from different backgrounds.
How to Apply for the Hanken School of Economics Scholarships:
Here’s a general outline of the application process:
- Choose a Master’s Program: Start by selecting the master’s program at Hanken School of Economics that you’re interested in and that is eligible for scholarships. Make sure to review the program’s admission requirements, deadlines, and any specific prerequisites.
- Prepare Application Materials: Gather all the necessary documents for your master’s program application. This may include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a CV, a statement of purpose, and proof of English language proficiency (if applicable).
- Apply for Admission: Submit your application for admission to the chosen master’s program through the university’s online application portal. Follow the instructions provided on the website and make sure to meet all the application deadlines.
- Check Scholarship Opportunities: Explore the scholarships available at Hanken School of Economics. Identify the scholarships for which you are eligible based on your academic achievements, background, and any specific criteria mentioned.
- Submit Scholarship Application: Once you have applied for the master’s program, you’ll need to separately submit a scholarship application. This might involve filling out a scholarship application form, providing additional essays or documents, and indicating which scholarships you are applying for.
- Provide Required Documentation: Depending on the scholarships you’re applying for, you may need to provide additional documentation, such as proof of financial need, letters of recommendation, and any other materials requested.
- Submit Before Deadline: Ensure that your scholarship application and all supporting documents are submitted before the scholarship application deadline. Late applications might not be considered.
- Notification of Results: After the scholarship application review process, you will be notified about the results. If you’re awarded a scholarship, you’ll receive information about the scholarship amount, terms, and any other relevant details.
- Acceptance and Enrollment: If you’re offered admission to the master’s program and awarded a scholarship, follow the instructions provided to accept the scholarship offer and complete the enrollment process.
Student Visa’s to Study in Finland
If you are planning to study in Finland as an international student, you will typically need to apply for a student visa or a residence permit for studies, depending on your nationality and the duration of your studies. Here are the general steps and information about student visas for studying in Finland:
- Check Visa Requirements: First, determine if you need a student visa or residence permit to study in Finland. Visa requirements can vary based on your country of citizenship. Citizens of EU/EEA countries, as well as Switzerland, do not need a visa or residence permit to study in Finland.
- Choose a Program and Obtain Admission: Before applying for a student visa, you must be accepted into a recognized educational institution in Finland. Apply to the university or college of your choice and obtain the admission letter.
- Apply for a Student Visa or Residence Permit: If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen and your study period in Finland is less than three months, you should apply for a student visa. If your studies will last for more than three months, you need to apply for a residence permit for studies. You can apply for a residence permit online through the Enter Finland service.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare all the necessary documents for your visa or residence permit application. Commonly required documents include a valid passport, admission letter from a Finnish educational institution, proof of sufficient funds to cover living costs, and proof of health insurance.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the required application fee when submitting your visa or residence permit application. The fee may vary based on your nationality and the type of permit you are applying for.
- Attend an Interview (if required): Some applicants may be asked to attend an interview at the Finnish embassy or consulate in their home country as part of the application process.
- Wait for the Decision: Processing times for visa and residence permit applications can vary, so be patient while waiting for the decision. It is advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date.
- Arriving in Finland: Once your visa or residence permit is approved, you can make travel arrangements to Finland. Upon arrival, you may need to register your residence at the local Register Office (Maistraatti).
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship opportunity.
The deadline for this scholarship opportunity is January 18, 2024.
Other available scholarships to look at are €40,000 IAEA Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Program ( MSCFP) for Female Masters Degree Students of IAEA Member States by the International Atomic Energy Agency, Austria 2024 or $1,000 Quality Comix Scholarship Program.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.