The University of Rhode Island is welcoming application for its Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship in Oceanography (SURFO) planned fundamentally for science, math and engineering students who will have quite recently finished their lesser year of undergrad coursework. The program can incorporate lab work, data analysis, instrumentation advancement, dynamical displaying, even a research cruise.
The essential objectives of the SURFO program are to furnish members with a thankfulness for the interdisciplinary character of Oceanography and a true research involvement in a front-line field of Oceanography.
All college students are welcome to apply, however, the SURFO program is essentially focused on students finishing their lesser year. The SURFO program may likewise acknowledge capable students finishing their sophomore year or seniors will’s identity graduating after the fall semester.
Screening of applicants starts February 21st, so they unequivocally ask having all materials in by that date. Member choice starts toward the beginning of March.
The choice of SURFO members depends on:
- academic accomplishment in the fundamental sciences, math or engineering
- conceivable vocation enthusiasm for oceanography or sea building
- recommendation from undergrad educators or research counselors
- the potential in research
- capacity to explain, in composing, explanations behind candidate’s enthusiasm for the program.
Please note that they continue to accept applications past the target date, until all 12 positions are all filled.