A college education Tuition is already a significant financial challenge for many families, but it becomes infinitely more difficult for a student when a parent dies, leaving little or no life insurance. That’s why The Happens has created an annual “Life Lessons Scholarship Program” for college-bound high school seniors and high school seniors.
The purpose of their programs is to help those students who are struggling financially to obtain a college education due to the death of a parent with little or no life insurance. Winners of the Life Lessons scholarships will receive a Life Lessons scholarship fund.
Therefore, in order to be among the tenth of those who will win this scholarship, I will advise you to read this article carefully. In order to be successful in your application, we have made this article for you.
About Life Happens Organization
Life Happens’ is a US-based organization whose mission is to inspire the public and help Americans take on personal financial obligations through ownership of life insurance and related products. It was formed in 1994 by seven leading organizations of insurance producers.
What you need to know about the Life Lessons Scholarship Program 2022
Eligibility for Life Lessons Scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Application is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Candidates who are between the ages of 17 and 24, have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian, and are currently enrolled in,
- A candidate who has been accepted to a college, university, or vocational school within the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
- A small need to have the permission of a parent or legal guardian to enter.
- Employees of Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (“Life Happens” or “Sponsor”), Weber Shandwick and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotional agencies, any member of such employee’s immediate family (spouse, parent, child, siblings and their respective spouses) and those who live in their same households, whether they are relatives, are not eligible to enter or win a scholarship.
Level/field of study
The Life Lessons scholarship program is intended for high school students.
This scholarship is to be taken in the United States
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the United States of America, check out the best scholarships available to study in the United States of America.
The scholarship is available to all US citizens.
Also, read if you want to study outside your home country – Simple and detailed answers on how to apply and win a scholarship.
Life Lessons Scholarship Benefits
Life Lessons Scholarship winners will receive the grand prize of $10,000 Life Lessons Scholarship Fund for the best video or essay.
Scholarship Essay and Video Guidelines
- In a 500-word essay or even a 3-minute video, discuss how the passing of your parent or guardian influenced your financial and emotional life.
- Be sure to describe how the loss of your parent/guardian affected your college strategies (eg, your ability to pay for college, attend the school of your choice, etc.).
- Comment specifically on how things might have turned out differently for you and your family if the person who died had a sufficient life insurance policy.
- Also, indicate what you have done to support yourself or other family members due to the financial challenges your family has faced.
For more information on How to Win an Essay Contest, click on the link to see the articles written on that.
Life Lessons Scholarship Application
To enter the life lessons scholarship, the candidate can submit an online application through the link:
The deadline for your Life Lessons Scholarship Program is 4:00 p.m. Although the app is currently closed for the year, we will keep you updated on the new opening date.
However, if you are interested in applying for the 2022 program, please visit the official site next year in February to apply using the online application form. They will return to accepting online applications starting in February 2022.
You can link to learn more about the scholarship or organization by clicking on the organization’s website below:
In case you have any questions, you can contact: email – scholarship @ lifehappens. Org or phone 202-464-5000 ext. 4446.