The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students who are interested in obtaining a master’s degree and doctorate, and who have applied to the George Washington University for Fall 2018 admission. The fellowship is intended to support students who will be leaders in their respective field of interest back in their home countries after graduation.
The Fellowship offers multiple benefits, such as:
- A total of three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to 18 credit hours;
- The grantee will be provided with sufficient funds to cover the prices of books, living, and other anticipated expenses. However, a certification of this support will be required;
- The Fellowship is renewable for up to three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates;
- Renewal materials will be required each year to extend the Fellowship;
- Fellowships apply to the fall and spring semesters.
In terms of eligibility, candidates should know the following:
- The fellowship is available to students who have not studied or worked in the United States or other countries outside their home country;
- Current GW graduate students are not eligible for this fellowship;
- Students who are planning to apply for a F-1 visa, or students who are currently holding one.
- Eastern Europe
- Laos Latin America
- The Caribbean
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Former USSR states
The deadline is on 5 February, 2018.