Since its establishment in 1993, the SM College Scholarship Program founded by the SM Foundation has been helping Filipino children by ceasing the opportunity of gaining quality education for sterling but financially challenged graduates from public secondary schools.
Students who can avail the scholarship program include the following:
• Have finished their secondary school in public schools
• Belong to a family with annual gross income worth Php150,000 or less
• Have earned a general average of not less than 88% in the second or third quarter of their commencing academic year
• Who wish to take the following courses: BS Accountancy, BS in Elementary Education, BS in Secondary Education major in these areas (Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, and Physics)
The applicants are then expected to submit the required documents listed below to the SM Foundation:
• Photocopied version of Form-138 or Secondary School Report Card which indicates the general average of the second or third quarter of the graduating year of the applicant
• Certification declaring the admittance to the university based on their results in college admission tests
• Photocopied version of guardian’s or parent’s Income Tax Return (ITR) or certification stating non-filling of income
Scholars receive a tuition fee waiver together with other fees and stipend within the period of granting the scholarship.