India is vast in every sense of the word. From its population of over a billion to its sprawling cities to its seemingly endless open countryside, India certainly earns its status as a subcontinent. India is home to dozens of communities, languages, and religions. It is also home to some of the most beautiful buildings in the world, such as the Taj Mahal and the Golden Temple.
India became independent from the United Kingdom in 1948, due to the strength of the movement started by Mahatma Gandhi. Today, India is great power in Asia and is on its way to becoming a world power, like China or Germany. Politically, India is a bridge between East and West, as it maintains warm relations with Russia, China, and the United States alike.
It is also India’s colonial past that ensures that English is widespread. English has an official status along with Hindi. Most Indians speak these two languages, as well as one or more of the country’s plethora of regional and minority languages, such as Punjabi, Gujarati, and Bengali.
What makes India such an exciting place to study abroad is that it is a booming country. Major technological advancements are seemingly being made every day in India, yet it remains a developing country with a lot of poverty and social problems.
As India becomes richer and more powerful, its middle class is growing and its rates of poverty, illiteracy, and early mortality are falling. Life expectancy is also increasing rapidly.
Tata Trusts is pleased to offer scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the field of medicine and health care. Scholarships are available for Indian students.
About Tata Trusts
Tata Trusts are among the oldest non-sectarian philanthropic organizations in India. The trusts hold two-thirds of the shares in Tata Sons, the parent company of the Tata Group.
The wealth that flows from this wealth supports a number of causes, institutions, and people in many areas.
In this way, profits from Tata companies are often donated to the communities in which they operate.
These funds have been used to finance a number of community development programs across the country for more than 100 years.
Level/field of study
Tata Trust Scholarship is available for the study of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Scholarships are awarded in the fields of medicine and health.
The Ratan Scholarship Tata Trust is taken and hosted in India. There are other Indian scholarships available for international students.
You can use these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academic problems.
The Tata Trust Group Scholarship to students from India.
Also, read if you want to study outside your home country. Simple and detailed answers on how to apply and win a scholarship.
The scholarship applies to the current academic year and includes only tuition and other fees paid to the institute/university.
Eligibility for the Tata Trust Group Scholarship
Entry Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor candidates must have completed at least the first year of study
- Masters candidates in the first year of their studies are also eligible to apply
- The scholarship applies to the current academic year and covers only tuition and other fees paid to the institute/university.
- The applicant must download the scanned copies of the documents mentioned in the application form. No other documents can be downloaded. Confusing/illegible/manipulated documents will not be accepted and will be considered void.
- Shortlisted candidates can be called for a personal interview in Mumbai or via Skype. (Create a Skype ID if you don’t already have one.)
- Candidates are advised to read the form carefully before submitting it as they no longer have access to it.
- The percentage or CGPA mentioned in the respective column indicates the eligibility for the application.
- The decision of the Trust Fund Office to award scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard is not redirected.
- Tata Trusts have no broker/agent. Candidates are advised to guard against those who claim to represent trusts and to apply for a grant if sanctioned. If such requests are made, candidates will be asked to bring the matter to the Tata Trusts office without delay.
How to Apply for Ratan Tata Trust Scholarship
Applicants must download scanned copies of the documents mentioned in the application form. No other documents can be downloaded. Confusing/illegible/manipulated documents will not be accepted and will be considered void.
Ratan Tata Trust Scholarship Application Deadline
Currently, the scholarship is no longer awarded to students again.