The University of Mary Washington also known as UMW is a public university in Virginia that focuses on undergraduate education in the liberal arts and sciences. The university is offering a scholarships for all International Students, this scholarship is renewable up to three additional years of undergraduate study at the University of Mary Washington.
Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university. Students can consult the full list of academics here http://www.umw.edu/study/.
Upon admission, International students are automatically considered for a $5,000 US Dollar scholarship, based on the students high school GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0. Note that there is no specific number of scholarships.
This scholarship can be taken in the USA.
Graduates of English Language Studies (ELS) level 112 coming to UMW directly from an ELS center are eligible to apply for the following scholarships.
- An annual $2,500 Academic Achievement Award, with a cumulative ELS 112 GPA of 3.0 or higher. This is renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credits per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- An annual $5,000 Academic Excellence Award, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in ELS Levels 110 to 112.Renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
All International students are eligible to apply, they must have a previous degree.
Since there is no test requirements, the university only requires a proof of English language proficiency, the student must sent it directly to the university from the evaluating organization.
These exam scores will get you in the running:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL 80 IBT)
- ELS Language Center’s Intensive English Program (Level 112 completion)
- International English Language Testing System (6.5 on the academic exam)
- College Board’s SAT (Evidence Based Critical Reading, 550; Math 550; use UMW SAT testing code 5398)
- ACT (composite score of 22 or higher; use UMW ACT testing code 4414)
International students must submit the following documents including their Application, Transcript of Record, References, English Language Proficiency and Financial Support.