The San Qin International Student Scholarship of Shaanxi Province is now available by Shaanxi Normal University in various degrees, including undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. programme. Applicants who are not Chinese nations are also eligible to apply for the programme.
The scholarship is available for all subjects taught at the university. The amount of the scholarship varies, depending on what degree candidates are willing to obtain:
· PhD students are entitled to $3,800 per year;
· Students pursuing a Master’s degree will receive $3,000 per year;
· Undergraduate students will receive $2,300 per year
In order for candidates to be considered for a position in the programme, they must meet several criteria:
· Prospective candidates should be non-Chinese citizens and hold a valid foreign passport;
· They must be registered as degree students who have already completed their first year of study at the university;
· They must present good overall academic performance;
· Students who have been the recipients of any scholarships by the Chinese government will not be considered.
Applicants will also need to show proof of command of English that they may use the language well in an academic environment.
In order to apply, candidates need:
· An application form of the San Quin International Student Scholarship of Shaanxi Province;
· A photocopy of their passport and visa;
· Their latest diploma or graduate certificate;
· An academic transcript;
· Recommendation letters written by two professors in the event applicants are applying for the PhD degree.
Prospective candidates may apply by 25 September each year. The scholarship link is available here.