Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders and problem-solvers who come together to make positive, lasting change in communities at home and abroad. Solving real problems takes a real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years of service, Rotary member has used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From Literacy and peace to water and health, they are always working to better the world, and stay committed to the end. As one the charity programs, they offered scholarship for graduate level academic studies. They also support vocational training groups to teach local professionals about a particular field or to learn more about their own.
The candidate must be a registered member for district or club of rotary.
How they’re funded:
The total minimum budget for a global project is $30,000. The Foundation’s World Fund provides a minimum of $15,000 and maximum of $200,000. Clubs and districts contribute District Designated Funds (DDF) and/or cash contributions that the World Fund matches. DDF is matched 100 percent and cash is matched at 50 percent.
The following must be submitted to become a successful candidate:
- Is sustainable — include plans for long-term success after the global grant funds have been spent
- Includes measurable goals
- Aligns with one of Rotary’s https://my.rotary.org/en/learning-reference/about-rotary/areas-focusareas of focus ,
- Responds to real community needs
- Actively involves Rotarians and community members
- Meets the eligibility requirements in the grants https://my.rotary.org/en/document/terms-and-conditions-rotary-foundation-district-grants-and-global-grantsterms and conditions
District resource network
Local Rotarians who have expertise in Rotary’s areas of focus, global grants, and project planning are among your best resources.
Applicants may contact their district international service chair for the connectiong with the district resource network. If there will be no appointed chair on your respective district, please send email [email protected].