Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue postgraduate academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship, hence further their studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private Higher Learning Institutions at postgraduate level.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be a student that is form a developing country and intends to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia.
- Students must have an excellent academic record.
- Applicants can not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
- Applicant obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants.
- For PhD candidates they must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or a result for a Masters degree level in a similar field of intended for any PhD study.
- Applicants must take an English Language Proficiency Test.
This scholarship is divided into two categories for Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies:
Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economics and Islamic Finance, Information and Communication Technology Biotechnology, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Infrastructure and Utility, Environmental Studies, Health including but not limited to, Nursing, Medicine, and Clinical Pharmacy.
How to Apply
The provided link is to login to the application portal website. You must register first before applying.
The duration of the award is between 12 to 24 months for Master’s Degree Program. The scholarship does consist of an approved paid full tuition, monthly allowance, annual grants for books and domestic travel, medical with health insurance, thesis allowance, and visa. Air plane tickets are included.
The reward amount is RM 45,000 or $11, 250 in USD.
Deadline & Annual
The next open window is January 1, 2022 and the deadline is April 1, 2022. This is an annual scholarship however, only limited amount of individuals from certain countries where able to apply for this scholarship in 2021.