The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is offering Merit Scholarships for Indian students through the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. The scholarships are available for school and college students.
The scholarships will cover the following:
- Class 9th and 10th standard/Purva Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at-least 100 marks.
250/- p.m. for 10 months
- Class 11th and 12th standard/Prak Shastri/Uttar Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit/Pali/ Prakrit as a paper of at-least 100 marks
300/- p.m. for 10 months
- Shastri/Graduation/B.A./B.A.(Hons.) or the equivalent course of three years duration with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks.
400/- p.m. for 10 months
- Acharya/ M.A. Degree in Sanskrit/ Pali/Prakrit or equivalent Postgraduate Degree.
500/- p.m. for 10 months
- Vidyavaridhi/ PhD or equivalent in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
1500/- p.m. +Rs.2000/- per year as contingent for two years.
In terms of eligibility, students are required to be Indian and to have opted for Sanskrit, Pali or Prakrit in their present class. Applicants need to present a relevant mark-sheet, the Aadhar card of the applicant, the bank-pass book and the Caste/Category Certificate of a reserved category from the appropriate authority in the name of the applicant.
The deadline is until 9 September 2017 and prospective grantees may apply online.