The Govt. of Punjab has launched Ph.D. Foreign Scholarship program under which eligible male and female students, as per the eligibility criteria set for this scheme from time to time, are selected for award of Ph.D. scholarship to pursue Education from the top 50 ranked universities of the world. The scholarship scheme focuses on the meritorious students of Punjab while having also allocated a special quota for the students coming from other federating units of Pakistan as well.
- Valid Ph.D. admission offer from one of the Top 50 via career field study subjects Universities of the World and high ranking in preferred subject areas that are presented on the website provided
- Students can not have 60% or 50% fewer academic marks on their academic record
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse, and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000
- Applications can be aged from 18 – 35 to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants that have applied for a foreign scholarship before may not apply for this one
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year
- Males and females can apply for this scholarship
- Only Pakistani natives can apply for this scholarship
P.h.D. applicants who are chosen to win this scholarship award will receive 100% tuition coverage as well as, all living costs will be covered.
Students will also be offered 100% health coverage insurance.
Also, any airfare needed will be paid in full and the student will not need to pay for anything except groceries.
How to Apply
The application form is on the website but is currently closed since the deadline has passed. Students will be asked to fill out an application without leaving any blanks.
1. Copy of valid admission offer for Ph.D. for fall 202 1 intake.
2. Attested copy of CNIC.
3. Copy of Passport.
4. Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
5. CV/ Resume.
6. Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal.
7. Income affidavit on legal paper (Sample attached with application form).
8. Copy of last paid utility bills (Electricity, Gas, and phone).
9. Attested copy of domicile.
10. Copy of previous months’ pay slips (Self/ parents/ guardian if applicable).
11. Three passport size photographs (white background).
12. Any other supporting documentation is required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.
Available study areas that can apply for this application:
Economics & Econometrics
1) Environmental Economics
2) Waters Economics
3) Energy Economics
4) Economics of Health
5) Economics of Education
6) Urban Economics
7) Public Finance
1) Cyber Laws
2) International Laws
3) Forensic Laws
4) Legislative Drafting
Political & International Studies
1) China Studies
1) Sampling Statistics
Arts & Design
English Language and Literature
Communication & Media Studies
1) Electronic Media
2) Social Media
3) Film Making
There is a 100% tuition, living cost, health insurance coverage for the recipient picked for this scholarship. Meaning the only money coming out of pocket would be for buying groceries.
However, there is a living allowance wage given out every two weeks to the students who have won.
The deadline has already passed for the 2021 year, so students will need to wait to apply in January 2022.
This is an annual scholarship that has received national attention.