With their aim to provide higher education opportunities to aspiring Hispanic college students, the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (PMAHCC) Scholarship is offering a scholarship worth $2,000.
As the PMAHCC reach their goal which is geared towards securing a large number of outstanding students a source to fund their higher education, they are also encouraging other people to help or give even a small contribution to this scholarship project in order to enhance the community and make a change.
The PMAHCC provides not only funds, but also the effort and time to support students from the Hispanic community. This academic scholarship gives more than a thousand dollars, making the application stricter than any other scholarships.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must possess the following criteria:
• Must have plans to attend any two year or four year accredited university/college in the United States
• Must be enrolled as a full-time student
• Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must have a Hispanic heritage (at least one)
• Must show a great financial need (at least $1,000) after the current financial need is provided
• Must be living in Washington, Westmoreland, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Armstrong, or Allegheny
The application deadline for 2018 is on April 30. Failure to submit the following requirement on the said date will result in immediate disqualification of the applicant’s entry.
For further information about this scholarship, visit Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s website.