Founded in 1920, Swansea University is one of the most reputable universities in the UK. Swansea University is a UK top 30 institution for research excellence (Research Excellence Framework 2014). Swansea University has been named as Welsh University of the Year 2017 by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
The PhD student will develop data-driven methods, from electronic health data in France and Wales, to examine prescription patterns and develop signal detection models by machine learning and data mining techniques, new adverse events, regarding patient safety, known safety issues and possible unknown beneficial effects of drugs, which can be used to improve surveillance from routinely acquired electronic health data.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants need to have a Master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science, Computing, Data Science, Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Informatics, Medical Informatics, Bioinformatics or any other related areas.
- The chosen candidate is preferred to have a good level of English and/or French (written and spoken). Candidates from Université Grenoble Alpes and Swansea University are welcomed.
- Only UK/EU candidates are allowed to apply for this studentship
To apply, candidates need:
- Their CV
- Their Academic certificates
- Academic transcripts with details
- TOFEL or IELTS or other English proficiency certificates (more information on this website)
All from the above, they need to send to Dr. Shang-Ming Zhou (email@example.com). The studentship covers a tax-free stipend (value is going to be confirmed), plus the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees. Applicants need to apply as soon as possible.