PEO is an International Peace Scholarship Fund program of Women helping women reach for the stars. The fund will grant scholarships to selected women from other countries for graduate study in Canada and the United States.
Timeline of Application:
- Application closes: December 15, 2019
- March 1, 2020: The last day to submit completed application by applicants that already enrolled in the graduate program that their scholarship is intended for.
April 1, 2020:
This will be the last day to submit completed application materials from applicants that are not enrolled yet.
About the Award:
Members of P.E.O. believes that for world peace and understanding, education is fundamental. This scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; though, the award is not intended to cover personal expenses or all academic expenses.
Criteria and Eligibility
- A permanent resident or citizen of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Applicants must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and also qualified to work toward a graduate degree in an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada.
- Scholarships are not given for internships, research, or practical training unless combined with coursework. Awards are not allowed to be used to pay past debts.
- Doctoral students that have completed coursework and are currently working on dissertations are not eligible.
- To qualify for the first scholarship, applicants must have a full year of coursework remaining, must be enrolled in residence for the whole school year.
- International students attending Cottey college are likewise eligible to register for the scholarship.
Worth of the Scholarship:
- The highest amount granted to each student is $12,500.
- The award is not intended to cover the whole academic or applicant’s personal expenses.
- Awards are published in May. The amount will then be divided into two payments to be paid in August and December
How to Apply:
Visit this link for the Online Eligibility Form.
Visit the scholarship fund webpage for details