Outstanding graduate students at Northwestern University who are engaged in PhD programs in the sciences, engineering, or management are eligible to apply for financial assistance through the Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship. Applicants who can demonstrate that they are of Greek ancestry or heritage will be given priority.
Dr. John N. Nicholson was a physician who worked in and around the Chicago region for more than 50 years. These fellowships were named after him in his honor. Dr. Nicholson, a prominent member of the Greek-American society, established an endowment at Northwestern University with the intention of providing financial assistance to graduate students in particular disciplines who are both academically gifted and highly motivated. The Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship offers a complete reimbursement of tuition in addition to a stipend for a period of nine months at a rate that is comparable to that of a University Fellowship. The awards are only valid for one school year, however previous winners are eligible to apply again.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Northwestern University is recognized as one of the most prestigious academic institutions for conducting research and was established in 1851. It is a private institution that is well-known for the quality of its teaching as well as the original research it does. The Institution of Northwestern is the world’s first chartered university and consistently receives high rankings among the best universities anywhere. When it first opened its doors, the university had two full-time faculty members and ten students. Today, the university has more than 3,000 full-time academic members and more than 21,000 students. There are currently over ten schools and institutions affiliated with Northwestern that are located in various parts of the world. This university also has a strong placement rate since many well-known employers from all over the world, such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Citibank, and others, come to hire graduates with a variety of profiles. Each year, a large number of students from around the world are inspired to pursue their studies in the United States by the excellent education, improved placement opportunities, and high rankings offered by this institution.
If we are talking about the Northwestern University Ranking, then we should know that it has maintained its position as one of the top universities not only in the United States but also in the globe according to QS (Top universities) and US News & World Report (US News). The QS World University Ranking 2023 places Northwestern University in 32nd place worldwide and 14th place in the United States. This places Northwestern in the top 14 universities in the country. It is consistently listed among the best institutions in the United States of America. The University of Northwestern maintains three separate campuses in the cities of Chicago, Evanston, and Doha, Qatar. These campuses are all operational. Students and teachers from all around the world can experience what can only be described as a genuinely global community at this university. The Evanston Campus of Northwestern University encompasses a total land area of 240 acres. The university provides students with nine popular classes from its undergraduate and graduate level programs. These courses offered by Northwestern University can be taken in over ten different streams, and they can count toward nearly forty different specialities. The institution also has online and distance learning courses available to students, so they should look into those as well.
Over 8,000 undergraduates and over 13,000 graduate students are now enrolled at Northwestern University, bringing the total number of students at the institution to over 21,000 as of autumn 2020. The ratio of students to teachers at this institution is likewise very excellent, being at 6 to 1. If we are talking about getting into university, then we should mention that the acceptance rate at Northwestern University is only 7%, which makes the admissions process more selective. Participation in the study abroad program is comprised of around half of the university’s total student body. Many students investigate the admissions process at Northwestern University and submit applications each year in the hopes of being accepted into one of the university’s undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
During the academic year 2020-21, the institution distributed more than $200 million in scholarships to its student body. Scholarships are awarded to nearly half of all undergraduate students at Northwestern University. Students who submitted an application for the scholarship after verifying that they met the eligibility requirements will automatically be considered for all other types of scholarships that are offered by the university. Awards for academic achievement at the institution can range from two hundred and fifty dollars to more than forty thousand dollars per year.
Over 200,000 Notable Alumni have come from more than 80 different nations throughout the world and have attended Northwestern University. They can be found in a variety of professions across the globe, including the arts, business, journalism, law, medicine, and other sectors. Stephen Colbert, Gillian Flynn, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Seth Meyers, Roxana Saberi, and Gwynne Shotwell are among the notable alumni of Northwestern University. There are many other notable alumni as well.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Northwestern University
Scholarship Country: United States
Scholarship Worth: Partial Funded
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- A portion of the cost of tuition and a stipend will be covered.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Only citizens of the United States are eligible to apply for the Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship at Northwestern University.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in a doctoral program in management or the basic sciences at Northwestern University are eligible to submit an application.
- Candidates are expected to provide a maximum of three nominations for each academic program that they are interested in.
- Applicants interested in getting graduate funding are required to abide by the regulations that the University has established for its grantees.
- Those who wish to be considered for the Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship at Northwestern University are required to submit a cover sheet and ensure that it has all of the required information.
- Applicants are required to provide a statement of purpose and articulate their professional aspirations in a maximum of 500 words.
- It is required that you provide the unofficial transcript from Northwestern.
- It is required that you submit a letter of recommendation written by your advisor.
- It is expected that a comprehensive copy of the CV will be provided.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Northwestern University US 2023 Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To apply to Northwestern University, please visit their website at prd-nusso.it.northwestern.edu.
- The application for the online grant or fellowship must be completed using a platform that accepts individual PDF files. The required materials are listed below. Only individuals who have been nominated by their program have the ability to submit application materials via the application site. Individuals will receive an email invitation to submit documents only when the program has submitted the nomination for them.
- In total, the statement of purpose and research description should not exceed four pages with double spacing, and there should be an additional page devoted to references. Explain in layman’s words the research that is either planned or already underway, as well as your research goals and career objectives.
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial transcript from Northwestern University
- Recommendation letter from your academic advisor: Applicants will, as part of the process of submitting their applications using the online application tool, invite a member of the faculty to write a letter of recommendation. (It is important to note that in order to invite a faculty member, you must use their @northwestern.edu email address.) Applicants need to give the person they want to write their recommendation letter plenty of notice before entering their name into the online application form.
The application deadline for Northwestern University US 2023 Dr. John N. Nicholson Fellowship is January 13, 2023