For senior high school students in Ohio who belongs to a minority, the Ohio Newspaper Association is offering a scholarship worth $1,500 USD. This will support the student’s financial need who is planning to apply for a field that is related to the newspaper. Such fields include:
- Communications degree program
Also, the course or college degree program must be in an accredited college/university in the US for the next school year (2018-2019). To apply for the scholarship, the applicant should meet the following criteria and submit the following documents:
- Must be a Hispanic, American Indian, Asian American, or African American.
- Must be from a high school at Ohio and graduating this school year.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university in the US as a freshman student.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 which is equivalent to C+.
- Must submit a transcript of grades along the application.
- Must show exceptional ability to write a succinct autobiography containing 750-1,000 words. This should include the applicant’s interest in academics and career, extracurricular activities, awards, and any other activities that are related to journalism.
- Two recommendation letters (must be from the high school faculty members who is familiar with the applicant’s career and work interests)
- Limited to two, the applicants are allowed to submit extra articles or samples that will let the scholarship provider learn more about the applicant.
The deadline for submission of this scholarship for the next school year is on March 31, 2018. To answer usual queries about the scholarship, here are some link that will help you:
- Application form link:
- FAQs about the minority scholarship:
For more information about the Ohio Newspaper Association Minority Scholarship, visit the scholarship provider’s website.