The Organization of American States (OAS) and the National Agency for Research and Development of Chile (ANID) offer Ph.D. Scholarships in Various Areas for students from OAS member countries.
The purpose of the National Doctorate Scholarship is to financially support doctoral studies in all areas of knowledge, in accredited programs in accordance with Law No. 20,129 and taught by Chilean universities, for a maximum period of four years, counted from the date of start of the study program.
The National Research and Development Agency of Chile, ANID, is an autonomous and functionally decentralized corporation, with its own patrimony and legal personality of Public Law, destined to advise the President of the Republic of Chile in the planning of scientific and technological development.
For its part, the GS / OAS, through its Department of Human Development, Education and Employment, DDHEE, supports its member states in the creation and execution of programs that promote human development at all educational levels.
Title to Receive: Doctorate
Place of Study: Chile
Application Limit: 12/02/2021
Duration: 4 years
- Benefits Awarded By ANID: Annual maintenance allowance; Annual allowance, destined to the payment of the fee and/or registration; Support allowance for a child under 18 years of age; Allocation for health coverage; Extension of maintenance allowance for pre and postnatal.
- For more details, visit this portal.
- Benefits Granted by the OAS : Applicants will be able to access a special benefit granted by the OAS of a one-time contribution for installation expenses of USD $ 1,200. For this assignment, a limited number of places are available and the criteria established by the agency must be met and which can be reviewed on the official website.
- Interested parties with the nationality and / or permanent legal residence of any of the Member States of the GS / OAS, with the exception of Chile, will be eligible, since one of the purposes is to support foreign students to cover their installation costs in Chile.
- Applicants must be in the formal application process, admitted, or have the quality of regular student in a Doctorate program accredited by the National Accreditation Commission (CNA) in accordance with Law No. 20.129 (the study program must be accredited at the closing of the application period) and taught by a Chilean university. Being formally applying implies that the applicant’s background has been reviewed and accepted by the Doctoral program and is in the evaluation process, which must be certified by means of a letter from the study program or the form in ANID format.
- Before starting any program, applicants must demonstrate their financial capacity to cover the costs not covered by the scholarship within a set deadline.
- Officials of the GS / OAS, persons under contract for results with the GS / OAS, personnel of the Permanent Missions to the OAS, or the families of all the aforementioned persons will not be eligible to receive the Scholarships.