NNPC/ADDAX Scholarships for (100L), which is a National Tertiary Institution Merit Scholarship Program, invites qualified candidates for its National Merit Institution Scholarship Award Scheme.
This NNPC Scholarship for Undergraduates is a great way to support young Nigerian student who thinks they will not be able to finish school.
If you have ever wondered why the NNPC/ADDAX scholarship was delayed before announcing the college student’s application for its annual scholarship program, then you are not alone. So many students have asked us questions like;
In this post, we will answer all these questions. But before proceeding, it is important to know that there are categories for this scholarship. The table of contents below will help you navigate the content easily.
What are the APDNL 202 Scholarships?
There are two main categories for the Addax Petroleum Development (Nigeria) Limited Scholarships. Namely
- Host Communities Merit Award
- National Merit Awards
Host Communities Merit Award
This is ONLY open to applicants strictly from APDNL Host Communities. Only Indigenous People from the APDNL host communities in Rios, Akwa Ibom, and the Imo States should apply for the Host Community Merit Award.
National Merit Awards | NNPC scholarship for undergraduate
This is national merit current scholarship for Nigerian Students open to non-indigenous from host communities. So, if you are not from Rivers, Akwa Ibom, or Imo State, you are eligible to apply for this category of the scholarship program.
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is the petroleum corporation through which the Nigerian federal government regulates and participates in the country’s petroleum industry.
Therefore as a way to contribute to the Nigerian community, introducing the NNPC Scholarship for Undergraduates was a welcome development that over the years has seen smart and talented Nigerian students with no hope of finishing their higher education go through school.
The scholarship is worth N100,000 annually during your year of study for undergraduates, but for polytechnic students, it is only for OND Ordinary National Diploma (2 years).
General Eligibility for NNPC/ADDAX Scholarship Awards :
To apply for this NNPC/ADDAX scholarship, candidate
- Member Full-time students at Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Level 100 certified students at the time of application (Only students admitted in the 2018/2019 academic session)
- For OND students, the award will be for 2 years only
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- Level 200 and above students
- HND students
- Current recipients of similar awards from other companies and agencies
How to Apply for the NNPC/ADDAX Scholarships
Over the years, students applying for this scholarship usually send their applications and documents to a provided email address, but this is not the case this year. The application method has changed and we want you to carefully follow the steps below.
The application is open only for students of level 100.
1. Before starting this application, please make sure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background no more than 3 months old (450px by 450px no more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- O’level certificate
- admission letter
- Birth certificate
- Proof of home area from local government
- Community Leader Letter ( Host Community Merit Award Applicants Only)
- JAMB Result
2. Make sure documents are named according to what they represent to avoid document confusion during upload
3. Make sure you attach the right documents when prompted to upload
4. Make sure you provide a valid email and phone contact for effective communication
To apply, follow the steps below :
1. Click on the “ Apply Now ” tab.
2. Click “ Sign Up Now ” to create an account.
3. Go to your email box to activate your account.
4. Click www.Scholastica.ng/schemes/add a scholarship to return to the Scholarships site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, national identification number (if available), educational information, and other information and upload the required scanned documents.
7. Make sure the name used in the application matches the names in all documentation in the same order. Please upload an affidavit or certificate if not.
8. Make sure to view all documents after upload to eliminate errors during upload.
9. When asked to upload a photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferred.
10. Re-verify application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information.
12. You will receive an email and an SMS confirming that your request was successful.
13. Return to www.Scholastica.ng, enter your email and password to download your profile, and have your department head sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If the National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Log in with your email and password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the capture centers. https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your full registration at the NIMC office