The Charlie Bell Scholarship for Future Leaders for 2018 is up for grabs and Australian citizens or permanent residents are allowed to submit an application for the scholarship programme. The programme is intended to help undergraduate and post-graduate students to realise their academic potential.
Overall, three scholarships are awarded annually. More specifically:
· One award, valued up to $15,000 may be granted to an employee of McDonald’s fast-food chain in Australia Limited or employed at a McDonald’s restaurant by a McDonald’s franchisee;
· Discretionary awards are also available (two of those) to the tune of $15,000.
Australian nationals may apply for the scholarship, however several criteria need to be met beforehand:
· Pass an entry exam or be enrolled in an undergraduate or post graduate degree at an Australian University;
· Candidates need be prepared to start university in semester 1, in 2018;
· Be an Australian citizen;
· They must not have been the recipient of the Charlie Bell Scholarship if an applicant is aged under 8 years, parental consent is required to validate the Scholarship application.
Note that scholarships are granted for subjects depending on the university the applicant has applied for.
Applications are submitted via e-mail at scholarships-at-au.mcd.com. The application form is available here. The scholarship link is available here.