If you are interested in picking up Chinese in an immersive environment, you will be quite pleased to find out about this scholarship. The Mandarin Language Enrichment Scholarship is now available for candidates of all stripes. You will be offered to enrol in the 2018/2019 academic session.
All international students who want to undertake Huayu courses may now do so in an authentic environment. The current monthly stipend is estimated at NTD25,000.
All international students who are over the age of 18 and have finished their high school studies may apply.
Other eligibility criteria apply, naturally. Student may not apply if:
- The student is a Chinese overseas student;
- The student is currently registered at a Mandarin Language Centre;
- The student has received a HES or Taiwan Scholarship
- The student is receiving another funding from the Taiwan government or an educational institution
If you want to apply, you will have to attach a series of documents, including:
- An application form;
- Copy of passport;
- A photocopy of high school diploma/certificate;
- A copy of proof for your studies at a Mandarin Language Centre
All these documents will have to be presented to the institution by 31 December 2018, which gives you plenty of leeway to prepare your candidacy.