The Maastricht University is hosting the Holland-High Potential Scholarship program where 24 full scholarships of €29,000 will be awarded to highly talented students each academic year. Such students must be from outside of the European Union (EU) and must have been admitted to a Master’s program at the university. The award will include tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend.
The Holland High Potential Scholarship is made up of a High Potential Scholarship and a Holland Scholarship.
Maastricht University, Netherlands
Field of Study
Click here to access the complete list of participating Master’s programs that are available under this scholarship program
Number of awards
International students from non EU/EEA country
The grant for school will cover living expense (€12, 350- 13 months; €23, 750- 25months, health and liability insurance (€700), tuition fee (€13, 800, €15, 500 or €16,800, this will depend on the tuition of the study program), visa application costs (€171), pre-academic training costs (€695).
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the period of the Master’s program; this would be 13 months for a one-year Master’s program and 25 months for a two-year Master’s program.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the award;
– Candidates must be a citizen of a non EU/EEA country and must be eligible to obtain an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
– Candidates must have applied to the Maastricht University for a fulltime Master’s program for the 2020-2021 academic year
– Candidates must meet the admission requirements for a Master’s program at the university
– Candidates must have never participated in any degree-seeking higher education program, be it a primary or secondary education program in the Netherlands.
– Candidates must not be above 35 years as at 1st September 2020
– Candidates must have obtained outstanding results during their prior education programs
Candidates are required to first register at the Maastricht University for any of the participating Master’s program. After submission of the application via Studielink candidates will get a student ID number which would be needed to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form.
The deadline for application is 1st February 2020.
To access the application form and to get detailed information about the scholarship, visit the official scholarship website