In a bid to recognize international students who have shown exceptional academic achievement and creativity, the University of Toronto is hosting The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program. This grant for school is intended for students who have shown exceptional academic achievement and leadership capabilities within their schools. Special emphasis will be placed on the impact the student has had, not only on their school but in the community in general, as well as a potential to contribute positively to a global community.
University of Toronto, Canada
Field of Study:
Any undergraduate program that is available in the university
The number of awards:
Approximately 37 students will receive the Lester B. Pearson grant every year
The target group for this grant is international students from all over the world. This would include international students undertaking their studies at Canadian high schools.
This grant for school will cover tuition, incidental fees, books, and full residence support for 4 years.
To be eligible for this school grant, candidates must be;
– an international student, i.e. a non-Canadian who requires a study permit
– presently in their final year in secondary school or should have graduated not earlier than June 2019
-commencing their studies at the University of Toronto on September 2020. This rules out students that are already attending post-secondary studies. Students also commencing their studies at another post-secondary institution in January 2020 would not be considered.
To be awarded for the Lester B. Pearson grant, the candidate must be nominated by their school and must have applied for the University of Toronto undergraduate program. Candidates would require the following to apply;
– A nomination from their school
– An application to study at the University of Toronto. Studies to begin in 2020. Applications are expected to be submitted by the appropriate deadlines.
– After the completion of the above-listed steps, then you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application
Deadline for school nomination is 29 November 2019. Deadline for student admission is 13 December 2019. Deadline for scholarship application is 15 January 2020.
For detailed information about the scholarship, visit the official scholarship website.