Leiden University is one of Netherlands’s and also Europe’s leading international research universities which was founded in 1575. It has seven faculties in the sciences, social sciences and arts, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague. The University has over 26,900 students and 6,500 staff members. ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom is the motto of the Leiden University.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards: 1) € 10.000 of the tuition fee. 2) € 15.000 of the tuition fee. 3) Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee.
Terms and Conditions:
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2017 or February 2018
- The applicant needs to have scored excellent study results, in his or her earlier academic education abroad, which are important for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll
- The candidate will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be qualified for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Those candidates who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their contract with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship earlier to the granting of the scholarship
To apply, candidates need to do the following:
- They must first apply for admission to Leiden University online
- Visit the official scholarship website to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship
The deadline is Oct 1, 2017 (annual).