In an effort to recognize international undergraduate students who have demonstrated excellent academic achievement, peculiar leadership skills, and involvement in community service and student affairs, the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award was instituted. This grant for school is hosted at the University of British Columbia in Canada and recognizes achievement in the field of study such as the performing arts, debating or creative writing, sports, or external academic examinations and competitions.
University of British Columbia, Canada
Field of study:
This includes all undergraduate degrees that are being offered at the University of British Columbia
No. of Awards:
The target group for this grant for school is international students
The winners of the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow grant for school will receive an award that is proportional to their financial need. Student’s financial need is the cumulation of tuition fees and living costs minus any annual financial contribution that can be made by the student and their family. The standard needs-assessment will be dependent on the financial information that is provided by the student and their families.
The grant for school is renewable for up to three additional years or to degree completion, however, this renewal is based on achieving satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, maintaining a Canadian study permit, or a continuation of financial need.
The following are the criteria for eligibility for this grant for school;
– The student must be from abroad, hence must be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit
– The student must be entering the University of British Columbia from a reputable secondary school, college, or university
– The student must be applying for their first undergraduate degree
– The student must meet the admission requirements at the University of British Columbia
– The student must demonstrate a level of financial need which would otherwise have prevented them from pursing a degree at the university
Interested candidates are expected to have completed their online application for admission to the University of British Columbia as well as their award application by 1 December 2019. They are expected to meet the University of British Columbia English Language admission requirement by 31 January 2020.
To access the online application form and learn more about the scholarship, visit the official scholarship website