Jonathan J. Doody graduated as Valedictorian from the St. Joseph School in Whitecourt, Alberta in the spring of 1993. Jonathan came to the University of Alberta the following fall to study Engineering and during that time joined the Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta. He was an exceptional athlete, a talented scholar, an inspiring student leader and a loving friend. Tragically Jonathan was killed in an automotive accident outside of his hometown in October of 1993. This scholarship is offered by Phi Gamma Delta to promote the excellence that Jonathan personified during his time.
The scholarship is awarded to three male recipients in the amount of $800 each.
To be eligible for the award applicants must display of the following attributes as well as maintain a productive and healthy balance between all five;
– Friendship: Applicants must demonstrate their ability to balance success in school and extracurricular activities, while at the same time maintain key friendship and contribute positively to those around him
– Knowledge: Applicants must not only possess high grades, but must display an appetite for knowledge gained through life experiences
– Service: Applicants must demonstrate strong philanthropic spirit in his school and community
– Morality: Applicants must act in ways that show strong moral character
– Excellence: Applicants must prove constant desire to improve and reach new heights
To be eligible for the Jonathan Doody Memorial Scholarship, applicants must be a male student enrolling in his first year of full time undergraduate studies at the University of Alberta.
- Applicants must complete the application form fully
- Email a recent copy of detailed academic report or high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants will be contacted between August to September to schedule an interview with the representatives of the scholarship board
- Applicants will be opportune to attend a University of Alberta Networking Night in September 2019 to establish connections with distinguished University of Alberta alumni
- Selection for the scholarship will be done in October. Applicants will be contacted regarding the outcome.
To know more about the scholarship, visit the official scholarship website