The Japan Foundation for UNI (FUNU) Scholarship is fetching offer. It applies for the Master’s study level and it will reward prospective candidates of merit from a developing country. Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the need for monetary assistance needed.
The institution that will host potential candidates is the so-called United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability or UNU-IAS for short. The currently running Master’s offer is for sustainability degrees.
The number of scholarships is limited, but no exact amount is specified. Luckily, this is an annual scholarship, which is available every year. The monthly allowance is estimated at JPY120,000 which is quite the substantial sum to consider.
However, successful candidates will have to handle most of the other costs, including, but not limited to visa fees, travel fare, health insurance and so forth.
If you want to apply, you will have to meet a set of predetermined criteria:
- A strong interest in the area of study, namely sustainability;
- The individual will need a proven trackrecord in studying and understanding issues that impact communities globally;
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in the area of study.
- The candidate will present a decent GPA of at least 3.5;
- The fit candidate will also add masterly command of English;
Make sure to apply by 28 February. More information at the official website.