Currently closed for applications
Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) is a general foundation that implement international cooperation activities, This JICE is located in Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo and was established in 1977.
JICE offers Scholarship to all Sri Lankan Students, to pursue their doctoral degree program. They want to foster a future leaders who understands well about Japan, a representative of their own country showing their influences, advance knowledge and expertise.
Scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
- Public Policy and Public Finance
- Public Administration
- Circular Economics including Development Economics
- Business Management
- Environment Management/Disaster Management and Climate Change
This scholarship covers a Round-trip airfare to Japan, amount of each allowance is equivalent to JDS Master’s program, scholarship grant is equivalent to MEXT Scholarships for Doctoral course.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship students must be a citizen of the Democratic Socialist of Sri Lankan
- A JDS Returned fellow completed masters course in Japan
- Have returned and serve the country for a certain year set by an organization
- Belongs to a JDS groups,
- Obtained their Master’s degree in Japan
- Enrollment to another university can also be accepted.
- Must have written and oral communication skills in English.
Five sets of documents will be needing to apply, (Original, Certified true copy, Copy of Original) an A4 size paper for all copy of sets, Clip all documents. They required that all documents must be written in English.
Students may also submit a “Letter of explanation” just in case there is a wrong information in their official documents, wrong spelling of the name, errors on dates etc.
Applications must be submitted to the Department of External Resources, Ministry of National Policies & Economic Affairs. Note that students must make an extra copy of their application documents.
Deadline for application is October 6, 2017.