The K.U. Leuven offers its so-called Interfaculty Council for Development Co-operation scholarships. These scholarships are handed out to individuals of proven academic merit and target PhD students. You will have to go through the K.U. Leuven’s website to see what the relevant subjects are.
The number of available scholarships has not been specified, but we know it is an annual scholarship. The K.U. Leuven University in Belgium is an excellent place to start your research career.
The specific target group in this case are citizens of OCDE DAC countries. This means countries with low income or middle income.
There is a detailed list of details that needs to be respected if you want to qualify for the offer:
- All prospective candidates must be hailing from an OCDE DAC country;
- The applicant must not have double-citizenship from a EU country;
- The successful candidate must have been awarded no longer than ten years ago;
- The proposed project must be outstanding;
- A local co-promoter must support the project of the successful candidate;
If you meet all of the above criteria, then you should consider applying by 31 January 2018. Luckily for you, there is a detailed list of how to do so online found on the following link.
You can find out more about the scholarship here.