The Kent State University in the United States is back again with a new and engaging scholarship opportunity. The International Civic Engagement Scholarship is intended, as the name suggests, at overseas countries and students from an international background.
The awarded forwarded to successful candidate is paid out once and it ranges between $2,000 and $31,856.
As a prospective candidate for this scholarship opportunity, you will be pleased to find out that you can apply as a Freshman. In addition, you will have to meet several other criteria:
- Students must demonstrate proof of their civic engagement and also to have volunteered in a related subject;
- Successful candidates will also have fluency in English;
- Students must also have excellent presentation skills as they will have to carry out presentations back at home;
- A bare minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 is mandatory;
- Students will have to include an essay to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
Deadlines stretch until 1 April or 1 October, depending on whether you are applying for the Fall or Spring Semesters. You may find out more about the scholarship at the official website or apply directly using this online application form. Seize this excellent learning opportunity and put it to your advantage.