The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) provides financial assistance to aspiring college students who came from a Hispanic heritage. It is established to assist students of Hispanic heritage to acquire a college degree. For senior high school students, undergraduate students (any year), graduate students and community college students who are going to transfer to a four-year college course.
This scholarship offers a financial assistance ranging from $500 to $5,000 on a viable basis. Also, to qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must possess the following criteria:
• The applicant came from a Hispanic heritage
• For senior high school students, they should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (using a 4.0 scale)
• For graduate and college students, they should have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (using a 4.0 scale)
• Must be enrolling in a four year course in an accredited college/university prior to graduation
• Must be a US citizen, DACA, permanent legal resident or a non-citizen who is eligible (based on FAFSA)
• Accomplish a state based application for financial aid or FAFSA
Aside from the criteria that is mentioned above, the applicants who demonstrate a strong interest in STEM majors are preferred. However, all graduate and major fields are accepted.
For further information about the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, visit the scholarship provider’s website.