Are you passionate about women’s leadership? This is an opportunity to rub minds with women of similar interests. Canada’s 2023 Global Change Leaders Program is organized by the Coady Institute’s International Center for Women’s Leadership. It brings together women leaders of different nationalities to learn real-life experiences in COADY’s thematic areas.
Learn how to apply for the seven-week Global Change Leaders Program in Alaska, Canada in 2023.
The Global Change Leaders Program is a fully funded program that provides successful candidates with a Coady International Institute Scholarship 2023 that includes tuition, travel, room, and board. Successful participants are responsible for the costs associated with acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
The objective of the program is to attract women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities.
Therefore, this article will provide you with the necessary details you need to attend the Global Change Leaders Program 2023.
About the Global Change Leaders Program 2023
Established in 2011, the Global Change Leaders Program is essentially a seven-week educational program offered by the Coady Institute’s International Center for Women’s Leadership.
This program allows women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities to contribute to innovation and also to change in their organizations and communities.
Essentially, program participants engage in learning based on real-world experiences and focused on Coady’s core subject areas.
Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a variety of experiences, as well as the beginnings of a support network that can last a lifetime.
What do you benefit from attending the Global Change Leaders program? The | Voucher Program
This is a fully funded conference, which means that everything you need to attend the conference has been taken care of.
In addition, the Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, room, and board.
However, successful participants are responsible for the costs associated with acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
Who can apply for the Global Change Leaders program? The | Eligibility
- Have a college degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Have strong oral and written language skills in English.
- Possess leadership experience in a social or economic development effort in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health, governance, political engagement of women, and the rights of girls and women.
- We will immediately return to your community and sector after the program to put your learning into practice;
- Have the great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions to their organizations and communities;
- They are professionals from civil society organizations, including community-based and non-profit organizations, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements, or in a business/social enterprise.
Level/field of study
The Facebook Global Challenge is available to students of all levels.
The 2023 Global Change Leaders Program is hosted in Canada.
The conference is open to international applicants. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to study abroad, you can check out our study abroad scholarships available for international students.
Program and program components
The Global Change Leaders Program consists of two main components:
1. June 1 – July 17, annually: An intensive seven-week course at the Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, where a collaborative relationship is fostered between facilitators and participants to draw lessons and insights from their rich experiences and various. This consists of:
- A core module, in which participants focus on leadership theories and core competencies, gender analysis, citizenship and power, practical understanding of these concepts and their application for women leaders in their own contexts, strengthening capacities for social innovations, and creating partnerships in multiple fields. stakeholder environment, and enhancing skills for citizen-driven asset-based development.
- A focus on gender approaches to social, political, and economic empowerment and community development, including addressing legitimacy and accountability in governance structures, building resilient communities, and strengthening inclusive economies.
- A final module, in which participants articulate an action plan for how they will take home their new learning to provide leadership in their organizations and communities and continue to work so that other women can advance.
2. September 1, 2022 – February 28, 2023: Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentoring by experienced women leaders upon their return home for up to six months to further apply the learning in practice.
Mentors and mentees will be matched during the residency period based on specific needs and geographic locations. Participants will also join a global alumni network of women leaders.
Global Change Leaders 2023 Program Details
Program Length: Seven-week education program.
Program Dates: June 1 – July 17, annually
Deadline: Not specified