In partnership with the Vodacom Lesotho Foundation, we will be providing a total of fifty scholarships to Basotho students residing in Lesotho, which is located in Southern Africa. The two Nanodegree programs that are available to recipients are Programming for Data Science with Python and Business Analytics. Recipients will have the opportunity to choose one of these programs. Through hands-on projects, highly curated information, and support available on demand, we are devoted to reducing the technical talent gap in order to fulfill our objective, which is to facilitate the creation of an inclusive and sustainable digital society.
A new program has been launched in Lesotho by the Vodacom Lesotho Foundation with the goal of equipping the younger generation with the information and digital skills they need to succeed. The Vodacom Foundation Bursary Fund is a scholarship program that is intended for graduate students who have applied to and been accepted by approved South African Universities for undergraduate studies but who have low financial capabilities to cover the tuition for such studies. A one-of-a-kind opportunity to earn scientific bachelor’s degrees in the field of digitalization is made available to young indigenous Basotho through this program. This field may include, but is not limited to, fields such as ICT, Innovation, IT, Telecommunication, Software Engineering, Robotics, and Programming.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Vodacom Lesotho Foundation, the charitable arm of Vodacom Lesotho, has been given the responsibility of making investments in vital facets of development in accordance with the national strategic development plan enacted by the Government of Lesotho. It provides support for long-term programs that are designed to generate social change, enhance people’s lives, and address urgent societal needs.
Combining charitable work with technological innovation, the Foundation aims to deliver transformational projects that improve and enhance the living conditions of Basotho. To drive its new strategic objective of becoming a technology-oriented Foundation, the Foundation has introduced a number of initiatives to drive its new strategic objective.
Over M150 Million has been invested by The Vodacom Lesotho Foundation in the fields of health, education, social welfare, gender equity and women’s empowerment, youth empowerment, and safety and security since 2009. The Foundation, in conjunction with the Vodafone Foundation, has made a commitment to invest an additional M120 million into Lesotho over the course of the next five years. This investment will be made in the areas of gender equality and economic growth, as well as education and health.
A Board of Trustees is in charge of managing the Foundation, which receives financial support from both Vodacom Lesotho and the Vodafone Group Foundation. The Trustee Board of the Foundation is made up of two executives from Vodacom Lesotho as well as four directors who are independent of the company. The Board is accountable for the governance and financial administration of the Foundation, as well as the responsibility of ensuring that the Foundation accomplishes the purposes and goals for which it was established.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Vodacom Foundation
Scholarship Country: Lesotho
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- The prize will cover any and all costs associated with the student’s education, such as tuition, required textbooks, accommodation, and a meal allowance.
- Those who are chosen to receive one of the fifty available scholarships will be given the opportunity to start one of two available Nanodegree programs: Programming for Data Science with Python or Business Analytics. You will have the opportunity to participate in networking and mentorship meetings while you are on your learning path. These sessions will teach you best practices in your sector and more.
- After successfully completing the program, students will not only be awarded an official diploma but also graduate with a portfolio of projects that are relevant to the real world.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- To be eligible for the bursary, an applicant must be a citizen of Lesotho by birth, must be enrolled full-time in an approved undergraduate program at a tertiary institution in either Lesotho or South Africa, and must have achieved a minimum of 70% or higher across all subjects on their LGCSE final or Matric exam, or a minimum of 70% or higher on their overall grade point average, if they are currently enrolled in the first year of their undergraduate program. Students who are already in their first, second, or third year of college and who fulfill all of the conditions outlined above are also eligible for the award.
The Vodacom Lesotho Bursary Scholarship Programme 2023 for International Students is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- An application that has been fully submitted cannot be deleted. Before you send in your application, you need to be sure that the information you are giving is precise and accurate, and that you are willing to commit to meeting the deadlines for the program.
- On the website, you may find more information as well as an application form.
The application deadline for Vodacom Lesotho Bursary Scholarship Programme 2023 for International Students is April 25, 2023.