In honor of Professor Stephen Young, a former Head of the Department of Marketing at the University of Strathclyde, the scholarship program is called the Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Program (SYGL). Professor Young was Dr. Huang’s mentor and supervisor while he was pursuing his PhD at the University of Strathclyde. In honor of Professor Young, the Charles Huang Foundation has promised to provide financial support for up to five scholarships on a yearly basis to MBA students at Strathclyde University who wish to study full time in Glasgow for a period of one academic year. In addition to their studies for the Master of Business Administration, the scholars will also take part in the Leadership Track programs offered by the Stephen Young Institute for International Business (SYIIB). SYGL is dedicated to the cultivation of business talent and global leaders in both society and the business world.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland, is home to a university that is usually considered to be among the greatest in the world. the University of Strathclyde in Scotland There is a consensus that this lab is among the best in the world when it comes to developing cutting-edge technologies. Over 23,000 students from more than 100 countries make the University of Strathclyde a vibrant and interesting place to be a part of. The faculty and staff at Strathclyde University have been preparing students for the vocations of the future for nearly two centuries.
The University of Edinburgh made history in 2019 by becoming the first Scottish university to win Times Higher Education’s University of the Year accolade back-to-back. The Sunday Times Good University Guide named Strathclyde the Scottish University of the Year for 2020, and the institution was also presented with the Queen’s Anniversary Prize, Britain’s highest national university honor. Students at the University of Strathclyde are usually happy with their time there, according to a survey by Times Higher Education that reviewed data from the 2021 National Student Survey. Strathclyde University’s Strathclyde Business School and the university’s Science, Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences departments collaborate with the public and private sectors to find novel answers to pressing societal issues. Students and educators both benefit from this collaboration because it makes it easier for both parties to remain on the cutting edge of their respective disciplines. With a flawless QS score of 5, Strathclyde University has been recognized as the “University of the Year” by Times Higher Education in both 2012 and 2019. Strathclyde University was voted the best in the country in 2012 and 2013.
They also received the country’s highest accolade for higher education, the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education. Three of Strathclyde University’s most popular majors include “Accounting and Finance,” “Medical-Related Subjects,” and “Pharmacology and Pharmacy,” as reported by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022. Twenty-one of the university’s classes are among the best in the country. Strathclyde University, thanks in large part to the efforts of the Strathclyde Technology & Innovation Centre, has been recognized as one of the UK’s top 20 most research-intensive universities in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment. The Physics and Electronics and Electrical Engineering Departments are Top 10 in the United Kingdom and Scotland. There are roughly 1,500 students who live in the campus village, and an additional 400 who reside in University accommodation nearby. All incoming international students at Strathclyde University are given a room in the university’s assured housing, which is organised into flats with shared kitchens.
Many college freshmen are interested in living off campus in the next academic year, and a new online service is helping to facilitate this transition. All graduate students have the option of campus housing. The city of Glasgow, where Strathclyde University is located, is a hive of activity, with a booming arts and music scene and a rowdy nightlife. The Glasgow, Scotland-based University of Strathclyde is a public research institution offering a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees and certificates. The city is home to the Scottish Opera, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, and Scottish Royal Ballet, as well as more than twenty museums and galleries. Lots of parks and gardens, some of which date back to the 19th century, may be found in the central business district. Students from Glasgow can take a short train ride to the islands and highlands in the area, making them a convenient weekend getaway.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Strathclyde
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Complete Academic Support (Tuition and Living Costs)
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Regardless of your history, in order to be considered eligible, each and every candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Before submitting a separate application to the Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme, you need to ensure that you satisfy the admissions requirements for the Strathclyde full-time MBA programme, that you have a current offer on this programme for the year of study that you intend to pursue, and that you accept this offer. In order to be considered for the Stephen Young Global Leaders Scholarship Program, you will need to be able to provide evidence of having high academic merit. For instance, a first-class undergraduate degree from a university in the United Kingdom (UK), or an equivalent academic qualification from a comparable institution in another country; you must be a student who is self-funded and does not have access to other sources of funding such as corporate sponsorship or alternative scholarship funding.
- If your application is selected for further consideration, you will be asked to participate in a more formal interview (either in person or virtually)
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Strathclyde Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme 2023 is open to all International Students
The following criteria will be used in the selection process for the scholarship:
- A panel from Strathclyde Business School will select the most promising candidates from among all submissions that were submitted online using a formal application form. After that, a Selection Committee will be appointed to consider all of the applications that have been shortlisted. The Selection Committee will be chaired by the Executive Dean of the Business School or his/her nominee, and it will include the Academic Director of the MBA program at the Business School along with other senior academic representatives.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee are going to be decided by a majority vote only. In the event that a decision cannot be reached, the Chair shall make the final decision, and recommendations will be sent to the Donor. The University, however, will be the one to make the final decisions regarding selection.
- Take a look at the Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme brochure for further details if you’re interested in learning more.
The application deadline for University of Strathclyde Stephen Young Global Leaders’ Scholarship Programme 2023 is July 31, 2023