The University of Pavia and the EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) will award a total of five scholarships to visiting scholars in the year 2024. These scholarships will cover the cost of the scholars’ accommodations at the University of Pavia for a period of time ranging from four to twelve weeks. The purpose of these scholarships is to encourage international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries (refer to World Bank Classification Income).
About the Scholarship Provider:
It is generally agreed that Pavia University is among the oldest educational institutions in existence anywhere in the world. It was established in 825 as a “School of law, rhetoric, and liberal arts” by King Lothair I, and in 1361 it was legally organized as a “Universitas Studiorum” by the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV. King Lothair I was the one who established it. The reforms that were implemented at the University of Pavia throughout the course of the 18th century by the Empress Maria Theresa of Austria and her son Joseph II contributed to the establishment of the university as one of the most prestigious educational establishments in all of Europe. As a direct result of these alterations, the University of Pavia can now brag about the extraordinary number of famous people who have graduated from it, as well as prominent academicians and winners of the Nobel Prize.
Today, the University of Pavia is a Research University, which encourages innovative cross-disciplinary projects; an Internationalization-driven University, which participates in agreements with esteemed institutions located all over the world; and a Job-oriented University, which develops powerful networks and significant business opportunities.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Pavia
Scholarship Country: Italy
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The following are part of the scholarship:
- Expenses for travel, meals, and lodging are included.
- Policy for health insurance and a contribution of 150.00 Euros (gross) per week are required.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of two years of experience in either the field of education or in work related to international organizations and institutions. These scholarships are intended for junior and senior members of universities located in developing countries, as well as members of important research centers and international organizations or institutions, who have a particular interest in the subject of development studies. CICOPS scholarships are intended to foster mobility among academics working in developing countries and are therefore restricted for use in the context of short-term research collaborations. It is not possible for applicants to be accepted if they are currently enrolled in a doctoral or postgraduate program at an Italian university. Please refer to the section of the website that is devoted to frequently asked questions for any more information.
- Dates, times, and locations of the interviews for the CICOPS Scholarships at the University of Pavia
- By the 30th of June in 2023, a decision will have been taken by a Committee that is comprised of the President of CICOPS as well as another two members who have been appointed by the Rector.
The University of Pavia 2023-2024 CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries, Italy is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of Pavia’s website at pica.cineca.it.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of two years of experience in either the field of education or involvement within international organizations and institutions.
- Before submitting an application, please take the time to read both the CALL and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and wait to fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM until you have received the letter of invitation from your contact professor at the University of Pavia. PICA APPLICATION MANAGEMENT GUIDE: HOW TO MANAGE YOUR APPLICATION
- Please be advised that applications that are missing required information will be automatically disqualified and no exceptions will be made. In specifically, the invitation letter is required in order to submit the application. You can seek for a contact professor with the assistance of CICOPS.
The application deadline for the University of Pavia 2023-2024 CICOPS Scholarships for Developing Countries, Italy is May 31, 2023.