The Developing Solutions Scholarship Programme is intended for international students from Africa, India, or one of the other selected Commonwealth countries who want to pursue a Master’s Degree at the University of Nottingham and make a difference to the development of their home country while they are there.
Scholarships covering either fifty percent or one hundred percent of full-time master’s degree tuition are now available from the University of Nottingham. These scholarships, which are awarded for a period of one year, are available to support students who are creative and passionate, and who can effectively demonstrate their ingenuity in the development of solutions that will impact and stir change in their home countries.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The University of Nottingham’s origins may be traced back to its time as Nottingham’s first Civic College. U of I eventually shifted its principal operations to the University Park campus. The college’s inaugural convocation was held in 1928, and King George V presided over the festivities. The college eventually became what is today known as Nottingham University after receiving a Royal Charter in 1948. Even in its infancy, it attracted a slew of famous people like Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Einstein, and HG Wells to give talks and lectures. Since then, it has grown and expanded rapidly, to the point where it currently has campuses in countries as diverse as Malaysia and China. There has always been a strong emphasis on encouraging new ideas at this institution. It became the School of Nursing in 1955 after merging with the Mid-Trent College of Nursing and Midwifery. Established in 1970, it was the first medical school in the UK to open in the 20th century.
The best of Nottingham’s offerings can be found in the departments of geography, education and training, veterinary sciences, pharmacy, and English language and literature. Nottingham has established itself as a leader in academic research, rising to seventh rank among British universities. In addition, over 97% of the research conducted at the University receives international recognition, with 80% of that research receiving the highest possible recognition as world-leading. The University of Nottingham consistently ranks high on lists of the best universities in the United Kingdom. In addition to being the fifth largest university in the United Kingdom, it is a part of the prestigious Russell Group, the European University Association, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, and Universitas 21.
Across the University of Nottingham’s five faculties can be found more than fifty separate schools, departments, institutes, and centers for scholarly study. The school’s alumni have won numerous prestigious awards, including the Turner Prize, the Fields Medal, three Nobel Prizes, and the Gabor Medal and Prize. The Higher Education Statistics Agency ranks Nottingham Institution as the nation’s seventh-largest institution of higher learning. At present, it has over 33,000 students enrolled from over 130 different countries.
There is a wide range of academic programs available to students at the University of Nottingham. There are faculty members in the Arts, Medicine and Health Sciences, Engineering, Science, and Social Sciences. Within each academic division, students can choose from a variety of class options. Students, faculty, and staff all congregate at the main campus, University Park, which is also widely considered the most beautiful campus in the country. Courses are also offered at the King’s Meadow Campus, the Sutton Bonington Campus, the Medical School Campus, and the Jubilee Campus. Cultural events at the institution are primarily held in the Lakeside Arts Centre. The sports complex hosts over seventy different sports clubs and offers support to aspiring sportsmen and young athletes in general. All imaginable materials, equipment, and guides are available in the library. The institution has a health care center that offers dental care, occupational medicine, and a pharmacy.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Nottingham
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- You might be eligible to get a scholarship that covers either fifty percent or all of the costs of your education.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- To submit an application for this scholarship, you are required to:
- You must call either Africa, India, or one of the other other Commonwealth nations your permanent home (listed above)
- To qualify as an international student for the purposes of tuition fees
- You must have an offer to begin a full-time master’s program (including an MRes) at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom in October 2023. This program must be in either the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, or Faculty of Social Sciences.
The University of Nottingham 2023 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
- Before you may submit an application for this scholarship, you need to first submit an application to pursue a full-time master’s program (including an MRes) at the University of Nottingham and then get an offer to do so. Conduct a search for available classes and learn the application process.
- After you have been accepted to study here at Nottingham, you will be able to submit your scholarship application through the appropriate component of our online application hub, NottinghamHub.
- If you already have an offer for an MRes course, send an email to the scholarships team at [email protected] to get information on how to apply for one of the available funding opportunities.
The application deadline for University of Nottingham 2023 Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship is May 17, 2023.