The Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship is widely regarded as one of the university’s highest honors. Honoring Nobel Laureate and UM professor Isaac Bashevis Singer with a building bearing his name is a fitting gesture. This award is given to recent high school graduates who have excelled academically throughout their high school careers.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Coral Gables, Florida is home to the University of Miami, a prestigious private research university routinely ranked among the world’s best. When it was established in 1925, the school’s mission was to become a leading research institution in several fields. This college has been approved to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” placed it at #57. The University of Miami’s main campus in Coral Gables covers an enormous 239 acres. Classes are held mostly in the university’s seven schools and two colleges on the main campus. Throughout the school year, students put on productions at the adjacent Jerry Herman Ring Theatre. The University of Miami Libraries (UML) are widely considered to be one of the top fifty research libraries in all of North America due to their extensive holdings (over 4 million volumes and 100,000 serial subscriptions), rare and unique special collections, cutting-edge digitization and preservation facilities, and expert staff.
The dedication of the staff at the University of Miami Libraries (UML) is what made this success possible. Three distinct campuses, each with its own staff and student body, make up the University of Miami. It has been suggested that Miami University’s main campus move to the big Miami suburb of Coral Gables. In addition to a wide range of courses in fields including music, physics, indoor baseball, and more, students at this residential college have access to more than sixty different kinds of computer laboratories. This structure houses not just the library but also a number of classrooms and administrative offices.
Jackson Memorial Hospital and the University of Miami’s Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine share a campus. More than 180 undergraduate majors and minors, 100 graduate courses, 67 doctoral degree programs, and a wide array of specialized degree programs are available at the University of Miami. Within the vicinity, one can find twelve separate schools. It’s common for freshmen to choose a broad range of majors during their first year of college, including those in the arts and sciences, business, engineering, nursing, and health studies, general studies, and other fields. The University of Miami’s Marine campus and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science are located on Virginia Key in Biscayne Bay. The University of Miami is accountable for its maintenance and repair.
At this school, undergraduates can choose from one of 132 majors, graduate students can choose from one of 148, and doctorate students can choose from one of 67. Only four Ph.D. programs provide a stronger emphasis on practical applications, while the majority (63) place a greater emphasis on intellectual research and study. There were 38,893 applications from high school graduates planning to enter college as freshmen or sophomores in the fall of 2019. There are a total of 12 higher education institutions in the area, serving 17,811 students in 2018. The student body represents more than 120 nations and all 50 of the United States’ states in sizeable numbers. The current faculty totals 3,226 people, and nearly all of them (98%) hold a doctorate in their discipline.
Up to sixteen thousand individuals, including full and part-time professors, researchers, and support staff, are employed by the university. This is a major reason why it is one of the leading employers in Miami-Dade County. Many famous people from all walks of life are former members of the Miami Hurricanes football team. Some of the most recognizable faces in film, music, and sports are represented here. Its membership includes some well-known leaders in industry, science, and politics. Former students make up a sizable fraction of the current enrollment in alternative academic programs offered by the school.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Miami
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The University of Miami provides Singer Scholars with free tuition for the four years of their undergraduate studies.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- To be considered for Early Decision I or Early Action admission to the University of Miami, an applicant must submit all of their First-Year Admission Requirements by November 1.
- Those who make it to the next round of the Singer Scholarship competition will be asked to submit an essay. The recipients of the Singer Scholarship will be chosen by a Selection Committee after they have reviewed all applications.
- Winners in the several singing categories will be invited to the annual awards presentation at the University of Miami in early March. Candidates for this program will have the chance to connect with researchers and faculty at the University of Miami.
The University of Miami (MU) 2024 Isaac Bashevis Singer Full-Tuition Scholarship, USA is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Extremely intelligent and capable? Visit www.commonapp.org to submit your application to the University of Miami.
- Don’t delay in submitting your Common Application. A non-refundable application fee of $70 must be paid at the time an application is submitted. The application process can be streamlined by using the same email address for all steps, including test registration.
- If you are applying for the Spring 2024 semester or the Fall 2024 semester, you will need to submit an additional essay of at least 250 words.
- Research paper or article prompt:
- Due to its proximity to one of the world’s most exciting cities, the University of Miami is home to an international and vibrant student body. The University of Miami is a research university with a firm commitment to its goals and mission, and as such, it ensures that people from all walks of life and with a wide range of identities are treated with respect and given a safe space in which to voice their opinions.
- Describe in detail how your background, skills, and/or accomplishments would be an asset to the University of San Francisco.
- In addition, each student must choose one of the seven themes provided and submit a 650-word answer to that topic.
- You can demonstrate your ability to think critically, articulate your thoughts clearly, and write well while preserving your personal voice in these Common Application parts. As part of the admissions process, we will be looking at your extracurricular activities, so please provide us with a list of your participation.
The application deadline for the University of Miami (MU) 2024 Isaac Bashevis Singer Full-Tuition Scholarship, USA is November 1, 2023. It is worth noting that the Isaac Bashevis Singer Full-Tuition Scholarship is renewable for each year.