Awards from the China Scholarship Council and the University of Leeds are limited to 20. International fee-paying students who are citizens of the People’s Republic of China may apply for scholarships to study at the University of Leeds in any of its academic departments. This three-year, full-time research scholarship comes with a generous funding package. International tuition is paid in full by the University of Leeds, and living expenses, transportation, and travel authorizations are covered by the China Scholarship Council.
Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 17:00 (UK time) is the application deadline. If you’re interested in applying, you can do so with either your own research topic (choose the Research Area below) or one of the predefined projects available through the links below.
Students who would otherwise be required to pay the full international fee rate are eligible to apply for these prizes.
- At the time of application, applicants must be citizens of the People’s Republic of China; however, Chinese students studying abroad may also be able to apply, depending on the policies of the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- All applicants must commit to living in China after completing their PhD research degree at the University of Leeds;
- To apply for a scholarship from the China Scholarship Council (CSC), interested parties must fill out the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form, both of which can be accessed at http://www.csc.edu.cn. (the application time for the CSC maintenance award is in March/April), ensuring that the appropriate Scholarship scheme has been selected – CSC-Leeds Joint Programme Channel (not the Individual Channel), as there are multiple alternative schemes;
- Successful applicants are often in the top 5 percent of their MSc/MA and BSc/BA cohorts and have won accolades at the national or international level, while applicants at the undergraduate level are expected to earn a First Degree comparable to at least a UK First Class Honours degree. Applicants should have a relevant First Degree or be in their final year of study at the time of application.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
The University of Leeds is widely regarded as one of the best educational institutions in the United Kingdom. Approximately 39,000 students are enrolled, with 9,000 of those being international students from more than 170 countries. Since its inception in 1904, it has developed into one of the nation’s top educational institutions. Based on the 2019 rankings of Times Higher Education, the University of Leeds is one of the top 40 most international universities in the world. When it comes to international students, the University of Leeds has a long history of welcoming students from all around the world. About 270,000 people all throughout the world are alumni of Leeds University. More than 190 nationalities are represented among these alums. There are at least six Nobel laureates among these alumni. According to the 2018 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey, the University of Leeds is one of the top 10 universities in the UK in terms of graduate recruiters’ attention, and it is ranked third in the country for student experience. As a result, the University of Leeds has become a popular option for Indian students considering further education in the United Kingdom (The Graduate Market in 2019, High Fliers Research).
Leeds University is one of the finest universities in the world, and for good reason: it is ranked in the top 100 by QS World University Rankings, 2020 and is a member of the prestigious Russell Group. Leeds consistently places in the top 10 worldwide in these two areas. No need to wait until the first day of class to get started learning from brilliant, motivating lecturers who are also at the forefront of their industries. Some of your professors probably wrote the books you’ll be using in class. We are able to invest in cutting-edge facilities and recruit faculty members who are also conducting ground-breaking research thanks to the high caliber of our researchers and the financing that comes with them. Particularly so now that we have the means to conduct detailed research and
With over 300 undergraduate majors and 200 taught master’s and doctoral programs across our seven faculties, Leeds is widely regarded as one of the UK’s universities with one of the most extensive selections of opportunities to pursue academic interests. Leeds, the county seat of West Yorkshire, is situated roughly in the geographic center of the United Kingdom. The multicultural heart of the city is about ten minutes away on foot from the university. Leeds has a significant presence not just in the United Kingdom but also in the rest of the globe as a result of its proximity to major motorways, trains, and national and international airports. It’s the third-largest city in the United Kingdom and right in the center of some of the most beautiful, easily accessible countryside in the country. Everything a city of its size and prominence would be expected to have is right here. As the United Kingdom’s second-largest financial center (after London), Leeds is a great city for students to call home. Leeds’ central business district made The Sunday Times’ 2019 list of the best places to live in the United Kingdom.
The University of Leeds offers a wide range of residential options for its international students, including both catered and self-catered halls. Many consider the university to have the finest academic and athletic facilities in the UK. Institutions like these include lecture halls, gymnasiums, and laboratories. The Leeds University Union is widely regarded as one of the best and most active student unions in the UK and has received numerous awards in recognition of its achievements over the years. It should be simple to get involved on campus, as there are over 300 student-run groups and organizations to choose from. Each of these organizations is directed by a different student club.
The main campus of the University of Leeds covers 98 acres, but is still only one mile from the city center. Students at Leeds University come from all over the world, hailing from more than 170 different countries. There are state-of-the-art lecture halls and labs, four libraries, a pool and fitness center named “The Edge,” and a sophisticated performance space called “[email protected]” at this university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Leeds
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- The University of Leeds award will reimburse any international tuition costs that may be incurred while attending the University of Leeds.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Successful applicants are likely to be in the top 5 percent of their MSc/MA and BSc/BA cohorts and have already received prizes at national or international level. Applicants are required to normally hold a First Degree at undergraduate level that is equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the “best of the best.” Applicants are required to either already possess the necessary First Degree or be in their final year of school in order to be considered.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to have already met the University’s English Language requirements by Wednesday, January 4, 2023. Applicants who are currently enrolled as undergraduate students in their final year or as postgraduate students at a University in an English speaking country are also eligible to apply.
- Each School is responsible for compiling their own shortlist of applicants to consider for nomination for the prize. The final list of awards is determined by the University of Leeds Scholarship Selection Panel only on the basis of academic performance; other considerations, such as the applicant’s financial situation, are not taken into account.
- Applicants who were unsuccessful in their application will be notified of the outcome of their submission roughly four weeks following the application deadline. Applicants that were selected for further consideration will be informed of the outcome of their application during the months of May and June 2023.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Leeds, UK for PhD 2023 China Scholarship Council for Chinese Students is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of Leeds’ website at leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk.
- To begin, you will need to submit an application to participate in an appropriate research study program by filling out the appropriate paperwork.
- You are expected to submit all of the appropriate supporting documentation in conjunction with your application for study in order to be considered for the scholarship. Any academic applications submitted after the specified deadline that are missing any of the required supporting materials will not be taken into consideration for the available funding.
- It is important that you understand that even if your application for this scholarship is denied, you are still eligible to submit applications for other research study opportunities and scholarships that are made available by the University of Leeds
- *You may find a list of the supplementary materials that you are required to submit with your study application on the website of the School or Faculty to which you are applying in order to study.
- Stage 2
- Complete the online application form once you have obtained your nine-digit Student Application ID. The form may be found here.
- We are an international institution that places a strong emphasis on research, and as such, we welcome students from all walks of life and all parts of the world. We are proud of our deep dedication to the education of our students, and we work hard to create an environment that is welcoming to all and allows for everyone’s growth and success. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our community across all of our faculties, and we warmly welcome the one-of-a-kind contributions that individuals can make. We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as LGBT+, people with disabilities, people of color, and people who belong to other minority ethnic communities, but this is not an exclusive list. The selection of applicants will always be determined on merit as well as ability.
- Please be aware that due to the high amount of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not engage in any correspondence regarding the status of an application until the results have been determined. This policy will remain in effect until the end of the application period.
The application deadline for University of Leeds, UK for PhD 2023 China Scholarship Council for Chinese Students is January 4, 2023.