Start the application process for the University of Helsinki International Scholarship to receive a fee remission covering the total cost of studying in Finland. The University of Helsinki is pleased to announce its Full-tuition waiver program for qualifying overseas scholarship students enrolling for the academic session of 2022/2023.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Helsinki is not only the country’s most prestigious but also its oldest and largest educational establishment. Including students and employees, it has a total population of 40,000 people and is organized into twelve faculties, some of which are the arts, education, law, medicine, and science. Additionally, it is home to a number of research networks and institutes. The four primary campus locations of the University can all be found in and close to the city of Helsinki. The city’s downtown serves as the location of their primary campus, and they also have locations in Kumpula, Meilahti, and Viikki. The campuses are home to a variety of cutting-edge facilities, one of which being the National Library of Finland, which is considered to be the most prestigious research library in all of Finland.
The Student Organization (StudOrg) provides its members with a schedule of activities that includes excursions, athletics, and frequent parties. In addition to organizing activities for the student body, the students’ union is made up of more than 250 different organizations, some of which are intellectual and others recreational and social. The University of Helsinki is an inclusive educational establishment that welcomes admissions applications from students from all around the world. Participation in an orientation week, which is required of all incoming international students, provides a fantastic opportunity to become acquainted with both the university and the city of Helsinki. You will also be paired with a student mentor who will assist you in adjusting to the new environment and getting started with your academic pursuits.
Students at the University of Helsinki have access to over 250 different student organizations to get involved in throughout their time there. It is highly recommended that international students at the university become active in extracurricular activities such as clubs and societies, since this will assist you in adjusting to life in Helsinki. Housing options are made accessible to overseas students, and the university is able to assist you in locating secure living quarters for students in the local area. This serves as the basis for both our educational endeavors and our research. You will become a part of this top-ranked European university’s nearly 400-year-long legacy of contributing to the building of a fair and equal society if you earn a degree from this institution. We are the most populous educational institution in all of Finland, with 40,000 students and staff members. Together, we are one of the top one percent of universities in the world, and the solutions we develop will have a significant impact on the future of not only our planet but also all of humanity.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Helsinki
Scholarship Country: Finland
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Grant that covers the whole cost of attendance (tuition plus 10,000 EUR).
- Complete Payment of Tuition Membership in the Grant Student Union (HYY), including the membership fee
- services in health care provided by the Finnish Student Health Service that are either free or relatively inexpensive (FSHS)
- student lunch discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- cuts made to public transportation services
- Affordable services provided by Unisport.
- All students who are awarded scholarships from the University of Helsinki are given the opportunity to participate in the University of Helsinki Student Ambassador Program.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be considered for the Full Tuition University of Helsinki International Scholarship in Finland, interested applicants are expected to meet the qualifying requirements listed below.
- Applicants are required to be students studying in another country.
- It has been determined that you meet the requirements to enroll in the Master’s program at the University of Helsinki.
- You are responsible for paying the tuition fees if you are a citizen of a country that is not a member of the EU or EEA and do not have permanent residency status in the EU or EEA area. You can determine whether or not you are obliged to pay tuition fees by consulting the Frequently Asked Questions section of the website for Studyinfo.
- You are able to obtain a visa to enter Finland as well as a residency permit there without any problems.
- You have performed exceptionally well in your prior studies and are able to provide evidence of this accomplishment in your application.
- The academic overall evaluation, including previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, as well as the reasons offered by applicants in their grant applications, will be taken into consideration when deciding who will be awarded the scholarships for new students.
- You will only be considered for a scholarship in the category(s) that you apply for, although you are free to submit applications for more than one scholarship category.
- Your application for a degree as well as your application for a scholarship will each undergo an academic evaluation as part of the Master’s program.
- Concerning the scholarship application, the Master’s program will offer a recommendation to the Scholarship Committee.
- The Scholarship Committee will ultimately decide whether or not a scholarship will be awarded.
- If you have been selected to receive a scholarship, you will be sent an official letter of acceptance that includes details regarding the scholarship you have been given.
The International Vice-Chancellor Postgraduate Scholarships that Writtle University in the UK gave out for the academic year 2022-2023 were meant to encourage EU and international students to go to college. The scholarship program is for students who want to get their master’s or doctoral degree at Writtle University. They can do so in any of the courses that are open to EU and international students..
The University of Helsinki 2022 International Scholarship (Finland) is open to all International Students
- Candidates interested in being considered for this grant for a Full Tuition University of Helsinki International Scholarship in Finland are needed to use the Degree Finder to locate the Master’s program for which they wish to submit an application.
- Learn how to submit your application to the Master’s program and gather the required attachments by consulting the directions provided.
- You can submit an application for a scholarship using the same form that you used to submit your application to the Master’s program.
- Please provide all of the necessary attachments.
The application deadline for University of Helsinki 2022 International Scholarship (Finland) is November 4, 2022