Scholarships through the Erasmus Mundus GLOCAL program are currently accepting applications for the academic session that will begin in September 2022. Apply right away. An International Master’s degree called “Global Markets, Local Creativities” (GLOCAL) is a program that is taught over the course of two years by a consortium of seven universities that are both world class and internationally famous. Examining how local locales (clusters, cities, and regions) and local actors (entrepreneurs, businesses, and policymakers) develop local competitiveness in the context of global market conditions is the primary objective of this program. This program emphasizes the significance of understanding the historical and social background of economic development, public policy, and business strategies as they occur.
This academic program lasts for two years and not only gives you the theoretical knowledge you need to make sense of how the global and the local intersect and complement one another, but it also gives you opportunities to gain real-world experience working for private companies and public policy organizations. You will attend between eight and ten required courses and approximately eight electives, which will be taught to you through a combination of lectures and seminars at three different GLOCAL partner universities. The number of required courses you take depends on the path you choose. In addition to classroom instruction, participants will have the opportunity to participate in internships and industrial assignments.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
This is the 1451 Papal Bull that officially founded the University of Glasgow. It’s the fourth-oldest institution of higher learning in both the United States and Scotland. In the 18th century, it was one of the four main centers of the Scottish Enlightenment, along with Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and Aberdeen. The University of Glasgow is among the select group of only eight “old universities” throughout the whole of the United Kingdom. The institution is divided into four colleges: Science and Engineering; Arts; Medical, Veterinary, and Life Sciences; and Social Sciences. Multiple campuses make up the larger university. The primary campus is located in Hillhead and is called Gilmorehill. Gartnavel Royal Hospital on Great Western Road has the university’s medical department, while the Garscube Estate in Bearsden houses the veterinary school, athletic facilities, and dental school.
The Open University, the University of the West of Scotland, and the University of Glasgow work together to run the Crichton campus and the teaching center of the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Dumfries. Students at all levels (undergraduate and graduate) come from more than 140 different countries. It employs more than 8,000 people in Glasgow, including more than 3,400 in research and teaching, making it one of the city’s top employers. This school is highly respected, as it is included in the elite Russell Group of UK research institutions. Gilmorehill and Garscube are two of the University of Glasgow’s urban campuses. Third campus may be found at Dumfries, which is located south of Glasgow. Both urban campuses are well served by bus and metro lines, making it easy to go around the city.
With two major airports and two major train terminals in the downtown area, Glasgow provides easy access to the rest of the United Kingdom and the rest of the world. Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland, is one of the top five most popular UK destinations among tourists due to its large student population, according to the Office for National Statistics. Glasgow is perhaps one of Europe’s liveliest cities due to its vibrant social scene, abundance of high-quality retail options, strong theatrical scene, and host of international events. Glasgow is one of the top two destinations in the United Kingdom, according to both Frommer’s and Condenaste Travel Guides. More buildings on campus are on the National Register of Historic Places than at any other university in the United Kingdom, including the neo-Gothic heart of campus created by Sir George Gilbert Scott. The University of Glasgow has the oldest Faculty of Engineering in the United Kingdom and the only Department of Aerospace Engineering in Scotland.
For the most exceptional alumni and their immense global impact, we present the World-Changing Alumni Award. For the year 2017, Susanne Mitschke came out on top, whereas in 2016, Matt Fountain earned the prize. The list of famous alumni continues with Bonar Law, Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman, and William Lamb. A housing assignment is guaranteed for overseas students who accept an unconditional offer of enrolment and submit their complete application by the August deadline in the year of admission. From the central campus to the farthest of the city’s 3,500 hotel rooms, located in the northwest region, it takes around 45 minutes on foot. The Accommodation Office also helps students locate private rental housing in and around Glasgow. Motels, apartments, and single-family homes are all examples of private housing.
The University of Glasgow’s main campus is located in the trendy West End of Glasgow, around three miles from the downtown area. One of Time’s “Best Cities in the World in 2019” is Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland and one of the friendliest in the world (Rough Guides 2019). With its year-round calendar of world-class events and festivals, diverse cultural attractions, spectacular architecture, many parks and open spaces, wonderful shopping, and active nightlife, Glasgow has firmly established itself as one of Europe’s busiest cities. The Student Counselling and Advisory Service is available to all current University of Glasgow students. All arriving international students will be greeted by the Welcome Team at Glasgow Airport and assisted in boarding the free shuttle to their new on-campus housing. Prior to the beginning of each semester, International Student Support hosts an orientation session for the benefit of our international students. In addition to the regular English classes, international students can take pre-sessional classes.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Glasgow
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- The following are the components of the GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarship:
- A donation to the costs incurred by the students participating (tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory participation costs)
- A donation to the expenditures incurred by students for travel and installation
Eligibility for Scholarship
- We welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of educational backgrounds within the fields of the social sciences, business majors, the humanities, and languages; however, candidates with a strong educational background in history, economics, political science, development studies, or business are given preference.
- The criteria for your academic background change depending on the study path that you choose to apply for.
- Study tracks A, C, D, E, and G are appropriate for applicants who have a prior academic experience in History, Sociology, Political Science, and International Relations, in addition to applicants who have a prior academic background in the Arts and Humanities (English Language, Literature, Anthropology, Languages, etc.).
- Applicants who have completed prior coursework in either Economics or Business/Management are also welcome to apply to these study tracks, provided that they can demonstrate some wider interest in the subject matter.
- Aplicants who have completed a degree program in History, Economics, Business/Management, Sociology, Political Science, International Relations, or another Social Science may be eligible for Study Tracks B and F.
- Applicants for Pathway B and Pathway F are expected to demonstrate that they have completed coursework in the social sciences.
- People with degrees in other subjects (such engineering, the sciences, architecture, etc.) will also be considered for admittance into the program and for the scholarship provided they have a sufficient academic background in one of the fields targeted by the program.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Glasgow ,Erasmus Mundus 2023-2024 GLOCAL Scholarships for International Students for Master is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to the University of Glasgow, please visit docs.google.com.
The application deadline for University of Glasgow ,Erasmus Mundus 2023-2024 GLOCAL Scholarships for International Students for Master is January 7, 2023