We are excited to collaborate with Jusoor, an NGO that aims to provide foreign scholarships, refugee education, and entrepreneurship programs for Syrian children and young adults, as part of our Green Futures Scholarships series.
Two fully financed Jusoor-Exeter Scholarships for Masters level study in the Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy are available for September 2023 entrance thanks to their kind support. Applicants must be Syrian or Palestinian-Syrian and live in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, or Iraq.
About the Scholarship Provider:
As part of a daring strategy for the growth of the city at the time, art and scientific institutions were founded in Exeter in 1851. With this, the groundwork was laid for what would become the University of Exeter. The institution received its Charter in 1955, making that year the year it began fully operational as a university. Exeter University is one of the prestigious UK institutions that belongs to the prestigious Russell Group.
The University of Exeter is, as the university’s high international standing attests, one of the world’s finest educational institutions. It’s one of the best universities in the UK, if not the best. The Guardian is predicted to maintain its current overall rating of fifteenth place in both 2022 and 2023. According to the Complete University Guide, Exeter University will be the thirteenth best in the world in 2022. Times Higher Education’s (THE) Global University Rankings 2023 places the University of Exeter among the top 150 institutions worldwide. Important information about the organization can be gleaned from this. They are ranked #137 in the world by Times Higher Education. For 2022, the QS ranking for the University of Exeter is #149, and for 2023, it will be #163.
Streatham, St. Luke’s, and Penryn are the three campuses that make up the University of Exeter. St. Luke’s is in Exeter, Devon, while Penryn is in Cornwall, not far from Falmouth. The great majority of the school’s students attend classes at the Streatham location. Lakes, woods, parks, and gardens complement the campus’s modern and historic architecture to provide one of the most stunning study environments in the country. St. Luke’s University is located on the eastern outskirts of downtown. This facility houses a wide variety of academic and research institutions, including the Sport and Health Sciences Department, the Medical School, the Academy of Nursing, the Department of Allied Health Professions, and the Postgraduate Certificate in Education program. The Penryn campus currently serves as a home base for 6,000 students. The most innovative academic research is conducted on this campus, which also provides housing. At Exeter University, students can join one of more than two hundred different clubs and societies, ranging from football and surfing to theater and dance. These groups provide students a wide range of resources that facilitate their full participation in campus life.
International students at the University of Exeter can choose from a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs covering a wide range of disciplines. Accounting, finance, business, finance, engineering, data science, computer science, analytics, renewable energy, marketing, law, and entrepreneurship are only few of the courses at the university that are considered to be among the most prestigious. Aside from these, freshmen can enroll in either the Foundation or International Year One programs offered by the university. There are 25,000 undergraduates at the University of Exeter, and 6,720 of them are students from other countries.
The University of Exeter offers both self-catered and catered housing options to undergraduate foreign students from outside the United Kingdom who are eligible for the university’s accommodation guarantee. There is on-campus housing available for graduate students from all around the world. Undergraduates and graduate students at the University of Exeter can apply for some subject-specific scholarships. Students from other countries can apply for these grants. Scholarships for graduate study are plentiful for international students. Green Futures Scholarship at the University of Exeter, Chevening Scholarships, the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme, and many others are just a few examples.
More than 125,000 Exeter grads are spread out around the globe in 183 different nations. Author J.K. Rowling, musician Thom Yorke, actress Vanessa Kirby, actor Stephen Dillane, singer-actor Will Young, and tennis pro Samantha Smith are just a few of the famous persons who attended and/or graduated from the University of Exeter.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Exeter
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- One year of free tuition as well as a monthly stipend to help with living expenses
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Those who wish to submit an application and be considered for one of these awards are need to do the following:
- apply to study an eligible Master’s degree at the University of Exeter through the university’s online application process if you are Syrian (including Palestinian with a Syrian Travel Document), have lived continuously in Syria prior to the current crisis, and are currently living in Syria or one of its neighboring countries (Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Iraq, or Egypt).
- demonstrate academic merit by being given admission to the University for September 2023, and completing any admission criteria specified by the University. applicants who do not already possess a master’s degree are required to have financial support in order to accept the offer of admission.
- show intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria have a strong record of leadership and community engagement, as demonstrated through volunteer and/or work experience be willing to remain engaged with Jusoor’s community show intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria show intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria
- The candidate may be required to participate in an interview stage of the selection process, which may involve members of a panel representing both the University and Jusoor. If this turns out to be the case, candidates will be informed in advance. On the 16th of June in 2023, applicants will be informed of the conclusion to be drawn regarding their scholarship application.
- These grants are only valid for a single academic year, and they cannot be combined with any other scholarship offered by the University of Exeter, postponed, or transferred to another course of study. The successful applicants will be required to sign the Jusoor Scholar contract after they have been accepted into the program in order to be eligible for the award. The most important provisions of the agreement are summarized in the following section, and candidates for the award may make a request to review the agreement in its entirety before deciding whether or not to accept it. The recipient of the award admits:
- For the purpose of granting Jusoor permission to publish their name, images, and bios on Jusoor’s website, social media, and in publications.
- When Jusoor asks you to, you are expected to make an effort to attend activities both online and in person.
- must offer academic updates on a termly basis by submitting a form that is provided by Jusoor.
- To affirm that they will, to the very best of their abilities, use the information and experience that they learn via the scholarship to contribute to the growth and improvement of Syria.
- in order to keep one’s good academic standing.
- When receiving financial support from Jusoor, the recipient agrees not to work as an official representative of any government and not to participate in actions of a public nature that are likely to have a detrimental impact on Jusoor.
The University of Exeter 2023 ‘Green Futures’ Postgraduate Taught Scholarships : Jusoor-Exeter Scholarships, UK is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? Applying to the University of Exeter can be done online at www.exeter.ac.uk.
- Step 1: Choose your preferred Master’s degree program from the one listed above and submit an online application for enrollment in September 2023. Please submit your application as soon as you can, but no later than March 31, 2023.
- Step 2: If you are given an offer of admission, regardless of whether it is conditional or unconditional, then would you kindly fill out the scholarship application form that can be found here?
- before the end of the day on April 28th, 2023.
- As a component of the application, you are asked to provide a personal statement that responds to the following questions and can be no longer than 500 words.
- In what ways have you been of assistance to other people over the past two years??
- Your response could include volunteer work that you do for an Organization or a charity, in addition to work that you do for your family and friends, school, or community (please provide dates, locations, and hours contributed per week as relevant).
- What steps do you intend to take to make a contribution to the rebuilding of Syria?
- Your response may include the relevance of the program of study you’ve chosen as well as any planned initiatives you intend to take out through the work that you do or the volunteer activity that you do.
- What would it mean to you to be awarded a scholarship from the Jusoor-Exeter Foundation?
- It’s possible that your response will involve both personal and broader benefits.
- How do you plan to make the most of your time as a Jusoor-Exeter scholar while also acting as an ambassador for this scholarship program?
- Your response could include information about the role you play in the community on the University of Exeter’s campus and, more generally, in other places around the world, for Syrian students who are interested in furthering their studies.
The application deadline for the University of Exeter 2023 ‘Green Futures’ Postgraduate Taught Scholarships : Jusoor-Exeter Scholarships, UK is April 28, 2023.