Exceptional junior scientists who aspire to pursue an ambitious PhD project in fundamental biomedical research at a laboratory that is internationally leading are eligible to apply for PhD scholarships through the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds. The fellowships will be awarded to the successful applicants. These fellowships typically have a duration of about three years and are given out on a yearly basis.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Birmingham was established in the year 1900 and given its initial legal footing by the granting of a Royal Charter. The charter officially came into existence due to Queen Victoria’s signature on it. Not only is it one of the most well-known institutions in the United Kingdom, but it is also the birthplace of a large number of significant scientific advancements, such as the development of gaseous diffusion and the cavity magnetron. Other important scientific breakthroughs also originated at this institution. The institution has established a new program that will carry its name and will focus on major subfields of the scientific community, such as gravitational force and energy-efficient cooling, amongst others. Birmingham Heroes is the name of this particular program.
Edgbaston may be found in Birmingham, the second-largest city in England after London. Birmingham is also the city in which Edgbaston can be found. The University of Alabama in Birmingham has a campus that can be found throughout the surrounding area. The city is home to a number of notable institutions, including the Shakespeare Institute, the Cadbury Research Library, and the Barber Institute of Fine Arts, which is well-known for its collection of works by Van Gogh and Monet. The institution gives students a wide variety of living arrangements from which they can select the one that best suits their needs. Incredible examples of architectural design can be discovered all across the Birmingham Metropolis, which is a vibrant and contemporary metropolis with a rich and varied history as well as a number of unique cultural traditions. In addition to that, the city is home to a huge number of parks, cafes, and restaurants that offer a variety of tantalizing options for street food.
Recent years have seen a substantial amount of progress made in both the research and study of cancer carried out at this university. The total number of students enrolled on campus is comprised of around 23,000 students enrolled in undergraduate programs and 14,000 students enrolled in postgraduate programs. There are more than 7,875 students from other countries currently enrolled at the university. It is organized into five academic colleges, and within each of those colleges, there are around one hundred departments that make up the institution.
This educational establishment offers a variety of degree programs, including those leading to an associate’s degree, a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree, a professional degree, and a post-graduate research degree. This university is home to eleven individuals who have been honored with the Nobel Prize for their contributions to their various fields of study. The Kenyan Minister of Defense, Mohamed Yusuf Haji, the Prime Minister of the Bahamas, Perry Christie, the British High Commissioner, David Aubrey Scott, and the Pakistani-born musician, Bala Garba Jahumpa, are just some of the many notable people who graduated from this institution. Other notable alumni include the British High Commissioner, David Aubrey Scott, and the Bahamas Prime Minister, Perry Christie (Foreign Minister, Gambia).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Birmingham
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Fellowship
Nationality: International Students
- A highly competitive monthly salary is provided to recipients of a Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) PhD fellowship. Its initial duration is two years, with the possibility of a single extension of up to one and a half years.
- In addition, you are eligible to receive travel allowances, for example to attend scientific conferences, and you can take part in seminars that have been specifically designed for BIF fellows and graduates.
- If you are accepted as a BIF fellow, you will also become a member of an active and global network that is based on reliability, assistance, and numerous personal contacts. You will always find an open ear and individual guidance from peers with similar experiences or the professionals at the BIF, regardless of the difficulties that lie ahead.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Fellowships for doctoral studies are given out by the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) to both European citizens who are working in other parts of the world and non-European nationals who are conducting their PhD study in Europe.
- The applicant’s first university degree that qualifies them for a profession (such as a BSc, Diploma, or Final State Examination) must not have been earned more than 8 years prior to the corresponding deadline (1 February, 1 June, or 1 October).
- The doctoral project has to be an experiment, it has to be in the field of basic biomedical research, and it has to have the goals of illuminating fundamental biological phenomena of human existence and gaining new scientific knowledge.
- Before beginning their doctoral studies, natural scientists should have received their last degree from their undergraduate institution (BSc, diploma, MSc, or equivalent). You have the option of submitting it up to four months beyond the deadline even if you have not yet completed your Master of Science courses or if you have not yet obtained your Master of Science degree certificate.
- It is expected that medical doctors, veterinarians, and pharmacists will have successfully completed their state licensing exams.
- The foundation offers priority to applicants who are just about to start working on their PhD when they apply for the fellowship; however, preliminary findings are not requred.
- It is not possible to use a PhD fellowship to make up for insufficient financing from other institutions or earned earnings, to bridge short financial gaps, or to complete investigations that are already financed by other organizations.
- If two candidates from the same laboratory submit their PhD fellowship applications at the same time, only one of the candidates has a chance of being awarded the fellowship. Because of this, we strongly suggest that they submit their applications by a variety of various due dates.\
For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Hertfordshire is now accepting applications for the Dual Ph.D. Awards in Human and Activity Detection. The university is proud to offer the scholarship to help EU and UK students get their PhD in philosophy at one of the most respected research universities in the UK.
The University of Birmingham 2022 Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds PhD Fellowships is open to all International Students
- The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) doctoral scholarship application requires the following components to be submitted:
- A completed application that can be found on our website (see link below), along with a PDF file that contains documents 1–7.
- recommendation letter(s) or letters.
The application deadline for the University of Birmingham 2022 Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds PhD Fellowships Is October 1, 2022