As a part of its Graduate School Scholarship Programme, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has awarded BIGSAS two scholarships (GSSP). After applicants have proven they have completed the application process, BIGSAS will choose recipients of the scholarships. The Cluster of Excellence ‘Africa Multiple: Reconfiguring African Studies’ and the interdisciplinary research environment at the Institute of African Studies (IAS) at the University of Bayreuth make BIGSAS an ideal place to pursue doctoral study in the arts and sciences.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
The University of Bayreuth is often considered to be among the most prestigious educational institutions in all of Germany. The university has earned a reputation for providing academic programs that are research-oriented and are among the very best in their respective fields. The University of Bayreuth is widely recognized as one of the finest educational institutions in the world thanks to its cutting-edge facilities and the exceptional credentials of its teaching staff. It has developed into a hub for innovation that brings together the fields of technology, natural science, and the humanities. Faculty of Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science; Faculty of Engineering Science; Faculty of Biology, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences; Faculty of Languages and Literatures; Faculty of Life Sciences; Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; Faculty of Law, Business, and Economics; and Faculty of Life Sciences are the core faculties of the university.
The institution caters to both full-time students and working professionals by providing a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate, and executive education programs. The University of Bayreuth is proud to have established cutting-edge research centers where in-depth studies can be carried out. These centers work in coordination with all of the other centers and faculties that take an interdisciplinary approach to their operations. In addition, the German federal and state governments, as well as the university, have worked together on the research project known as the “Excellence Strategy.” Additionally, it keeps links with a number of colleges and research organizations for the purposes of technology transfer and collaborative research activities. For the purpose of doing more market-oriented research, the institution maintains partnerships with local businesses.
Students come to the University of Bayreuth in Bayreuth, Germany, from countries all over the world. There are around 13,329 students, 238 faculty members, and 2,462 staff people enrolled there. In addition, both the teaching staff and administrative staff are comprised of individuals of a diverse range of nations and ethnicities. The institution works with a number of other universities located in other countries to facilitate student exchange and study abroad opportunities. Distinguished academics from other prestigious universities frequently make the trip to our campus to provide guest lectures. The University of Bayreuth, with its student body, teaching staff, administrative personnel, and alumni, is a microcosm of the world.
An innovative educational program is supported by the high-tech laboratories, studios, libraries, and computer labs that are kept up to date at the University of Bayreuth. In addition, the university provides students with access to skill development programs, which are intended to establish an aptitude for contemporary technological practices. In addition to this, it provides students with assistance in finding internships and job possibilities through its placement cell. The academic workload and the opportunities for personal growth and development offered by the University of Bayreuth are always well-balanced. The campus is home to a variety of facilities, including a sports arena, a gymnasium, a theater, and convenience stores. The institution serves as a center for cultural pursuits and provides opportunity for students to exhibit their talents. On campus, events that involve participation from students of many academic fields, such as athletic competitions, dance, music, and theater performances, film screenings, and festivals, are routinely arranged. The mental and physical health of the faculty and staff members at the university is, and will continue to be, the top priority of the institution.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Bayreuth
Scholarship Country: Germany
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- Regular monthly payments of 1,200 Euros
- Payments provided to insurance firms that cover unforeseen medical costs, vehicle damage, and legal responsibility.
- Payout Form for an Extended Trip (depending on country of origin)
- An annual research stipend of 460 euros is offered.
- In addition to the grant itself, the following perks may be available to those who receive it.
- monthly rent assistance and an allowance for dependents (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
- In addition, the graduate institution that is sponsoring the tournament can get a yearly allocation of $1,000 for materials and supervision.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- In order to apply to the graduate school, prospective students are required to hold a Master’s Degree in one of the areas of study that are offered there. A Master’s Degree must have been earned within the previous six years to qualify for this position. Applicants must not have spent more than a year living in Germany at the time of their application. The languages German, English, and French are accepted for application submission; however, the working language of BIGSAS is English.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The University of Bayreuth 2023 BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women Scholars (Germany) is open to all International Students
- The earliest possible date for the beginning of the scholarship periods is October 2023. (including a German language course starting in summer 2023, if applicable). The entire scholarship length might be for as long as four years. Scholarships can be offered for this amount.
The application deadline for University of Bayreuth 2023 BIGSAS-Scholarships for African Women Scholars (Germany) is December 15, 2022.